What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Asmodus Minikin V2 Broken Screen

mikkim

Hi Guys,

i recently bought a new Asmodus Minikin V2 - very nice mod.
After 3 weeks i accidentally dropped it from around 1 meter height and broke the internal touch screen.
The rest of the mod is perfect i can even vape from it, BUT the internal screen is gone so i cannot adjust anything.
I opened the mod and removed the screen hoping to find a replacement for the capacitive panel (i am an engineer so no problem doing that by myself).

The only problem is to find the replacement screen.

Anyone who got the same problem? Does someone know where i can find a capacitive screen so small?

I tried to contact Asmodus but they said they don't provide spare parts like that.

It would be a shame to throw away a functionating mod only for a $4 panel.

Thanks

Nothing on the screen that might indicate where it was manufacured? I have one which I really enjoy...feel your pain.

Hi Guys,

i recently bought a new Asmodus Minikin V2 - very nice mod.
After 3 weeks i accidentally dropped it from around 1 meter height and broke the internal touch screen.
The rest of the mod is perfect i can even vape from it, BUT the internal screen is gone so i cannot adjust anything.
I opened the mod and removed the screen hoping to find a replacement for the capacitive panel (i am an engineer so no problem doing that by myself).

The only problem is to find the replacement screen.

Anyone who got the same problem? Does someone know where i can find a capacitive screen so small?

I tried to contact Asmodus but they said they don't provide spare parts like that.

Thanks

I have one which is broken due to dropping it, different problem though
Might be a loose wire or something as most of the time it doesn't recognise one battery

Works a good portion of the time

You can have it for spares if you think it might be able to help

Nothing on the screen that might indicate where it was manufacured? I have one which I really enjoy...feel your pain.
There was an ID printed behind the screen but not enough to find it online unfortunately

I have one which is broken due to dropping it, different problem though
Might be a loose wire or something as most of the time it doesn't recognise one battery

Works a good portion of the time

You can have it for spares if you think it might be able to help

That would be great!
I already bought another Asmodus but i still want to fix my old one!

It really would man.

I recently purchased the v2 and I must admit my 1 issue almost stopping me from buying it was the screen. I thought that once you crack the screen or say the screen just goes then the mod is literally rendered useless (unless one can source replacement parts)

Anyway... I still went ahead and got the Gold one and paired with "The Troll RTA Gold" and I'm absolutely loving this set up.

I know you already went out and got another one but I hope you find a way to get the old one repaired - and if you do happen to find a place that does spares please report back and share with us.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom