What's new

are smok rubblish?

Get a Dicodes.

*this message has been brought to you by the Get A Dicodes Foundation. Warning: getting a Dicodes can result in hair loss and severe financial hardship; it can also lead to being insufferably condescending and misplaced feelings of superiority along with a general sense of smugness. No animals were harmed in the creation of this message although a cat was punched in the tits...but then it was only a cat so who cares?

I’ve had 3 SMOK mods, (GPRIV, X PRIV and Alien) I gave 2 away because I didn’t like them, they worked fine though, and I still have the SMOK Alien after 2 years hard work, BUT, IMO the tanks and coils let them down.

They obviously can't be that bad....

Screenshot_20191212-170742.png

Tanks in general are pretty good, very very much liking the TFv16 at the moment. Coils and build quality have got a lot of stick but I have never really had any problems and the build quality has definitely improved (especially the threading which used to be not great).

Their mods though do tend to have a higher frequency of problems compared to other manufacturers if used regularly, things like buttons tend to be their weak point such as the battery release on their mag line of products. I did have a G320 where the 510 popped off the top after a couple of weeks too.

Tried a lot of Smok stuff, tanks are very good value for money but I steer away from most of the mods.

I’ve had 3 SMOK mods, (GPRIV, X PRIV and Alien) I gave 2 away because I didn’t like them, they worked fine though, and I still have the SMOK Alien after 2 years hard work, BUT, IMO the tanks and coils let them down.
I own quite a few different SMOK mods and have to say im pretty impressed with them. Not one of them have let me down. I agree that they seem to come out with new mods weekly tho. My one gripe is the tanks......keeping up with the different models and coil options can be a nightmare and i have to say quite a few of mine keep leaking.

For me, having used smok mods for many years., are they rubbish, no. They are not top of the range, and they are not rubbish, (I've had worse), more like lower end of mid range in my view. (for the models I own).
I only ever had a problem with one smok mod, that was my trusty Alien. And that gave up the ghost, not because of a quality issue, I'd simply worn it out from 2 years of constant use and abuse.
I agree with everyone else in regards to smok coils, that's why I use a freemax mesh pro on my smok majesty.

Some of their designs appeal to me aesthetically, others not so much (like the daft voice control fad) but the ones I've bought have always pleased me unlike other brands and usually at a decent price.

It was a Smok T-Priv 2 that got me properly into vaping and staying off the stinkiesticks, up until then I struggled so I'm grateful to them, yes I know another brand would have achieved the same but Smok are the one I will always remember :)

I started the year with the awesome Species kit I bought in January which is in my top 3 of 2019 and I am ending the year with the new SMOK MAG V8 70W Chrome edition which is a 21700 battery and capping out at 70 Watts, not very often you see that as most over rate the wattage, I've seen little info of the device and I am actually hoping they are going to use their old Priv chipset which is simple and reliable.
I know some will get their sick bucket out for this one :puke: but I personally love the look of it and the tank is superb for coil life and flavour.

Smok.jpg

Some of their designs appeal to me aesthetically, others not so much (like the daft voice control fad) but the ones I've bought have always pleased me unlike other brands and usually at a decent price.

It was a Smok T-Priv 2 that got me properly into vaping and staying off the stinkiesticks, up until then I struggled so I'm grateful to them, yes I know another brand would have achieved the same but Smok are the one I will always remember :)

I started the year with the awesome Species kit I bought in January which is in my top 3 of 2019 and I am ending the year with the new SMOK MAG V8 70W Chrome edition which is a 21700 battery and capping out at 70 Watts, not very often you see that as most over rate the wattage, I've seen little info of the device and I am actually hoping they are going to use their old Priv chipset which is simple and reliable.
I know some will get their sick bucket out for this one :puke: but I personally love the look of it and the tank is superb for coil life and flavour.

View attachment 207192
I have the stupid voice control one lol. Looks brilliant, vapes pretty good too but for most of the time it stays silent. Bloody thing has only spoke to me a couple of times. I bought it for some company........fat good that was lol.

I bought it for some company........fat good that was lol.

First proper laugh of the day that was thanks :18:

When it came out it looked a decent mod, if only they hadn't put voice control in, another brand (I forget who) did it too but both soon dropped that feature in later releases.

Alexa does my head in but thankfully it doesn't set my vape off.

Back
Top Bottom