What's new

Appreciate some advice!

Orangerider

Hello - I’d really appreciate it if you could give me some advice about my new Eleaf iStick Pico 25. I have had this for a week and am really struggling with it. Have had much simpler units in the past and I don’t really know what I am doing with this one, despite checking out loads of You Tube tutorials. I have set it up with the HW1 coil which has a range of 40-80W but when I have it set at anything above 25W the tank gurgles, the vape is hot and it is very harsh to vape on. Could you please tell me how to sort this and if I am doing something wrong? Many thanks for your time.

Orangerider

Hello - I’d really appreciate it if you could give me some advice about my new Eleaf iStick Pico 25. I have had this for a week and am really struggling with it. Have had much simpler units in the past and I don’t really know what I am doing with this one, despite checking out loads of You Tube tutorials. I have set it up with the HW1 coil which has a range of 40-80W but when I have it set at anything above 25W the tank gurgles, the vape is hot and it is very harsh to vape on. Could you please tell me how to sort this and if I am doing something wrong? Many thanks for your time.

Orangerider
Can you clarify if you are vaping it like a cigarette (draw into mouth then inhale) or inhaling it straight into your lungs (like a hoover straight down)?
Hi and welcome btw

What liquid are you using? it could be down to that. In that tank, most would use a low nicotine, high VG content liquid. Welcome to the forum @Orangerider :)2

hi and welcome to the planet.

i know nothing about this mod or tank but looking here at the instructions we need to check a few things http://blog.istick.org/2017/06/the-user-manual-for-istick-pico-25.html

is it set to VW variable wattage mode. im guessing these coils are for wattage only so you do not want to be in TC temp control mode or bypass mode.

are you priming the coil first by dripping some juice on the coil cotton and starting at a much lower wattage and then turning up every few puffs.

what vg/pg ratio are you using. i would guess 70vg or below would be best. 80vg can strugle in a lot of tanks.

Orangerider
Could be your using the wrong tank for your vaping style, it reminds me of when I first started vaping and was sold an Atlantis Evo with a 0.4ohm coil which was totally unsuitable for someone used to low powered MTL tanks, I had no idea about sub ohm vaping and was trying to vape it MTL style and it just spat and gurgled at me, as these type of tanks need big airflow and big draws to cool the coils down, funny thing now I have forgot how to MTL and mainly DTL I just seem to have drifted that way. Anyway could be that?

Back
Top Bottom