What's new

Another thread about cleito problems, apologies

change_places

Initiate
Hello,

I've read quite a lot of different posts on here and on other forums about problems with the cleito (also a lot of people saying they've never had problems). However, most tend to fizzle out without anyone actually solving most of the problems that occur so I'm hoping that maybe here someone can actually resolve some of the issues.

I have two cleitos, both with different issues.

The first one has the problem of vapour lock ( i believe it's called). I use this on a coolfire TC100 at around 40 watts, tried it a bit higher as well, with Sub-Ohm Blonut Milk 3mg and Cheap Thrills Glory Glaze 3mg. It worked for about two days before the vapour started tasting a bit burnt and giving me a sore throat. Hits were really very dry. Tried a new coil but was unable to resolve the problem, it has the tell-tale sign that I've seen mentioned elsewhere - where you unscrew the top cap and see a large amount of bubbles come from the coil.

The other cleito I have has the problem of producing a pretty flavourless and harsh vape. It does not have the vapour lock sign mentioned above, the bubbles when unscrewing the top cap. I've tried this with two coils as well, different liquids - Element Crema and Charlies Chalk Dust - one at 6mg and the other at 3mg. Run it on a coolfire tc100 between 40 - 60w.

I know what a cleito should feel and taste like, and it's the best vape i've ever had. Want to try and get back to enjoying that if anyone has suggestions to resolve either issue.

Many thanks, etc. etc.

Some people when they vape the same flavour start to lose elements of the flavour, best to rotate flavours if that happens

Burnt coil? Not primed propely to start with, chain vaping so wich isnt having time to soak up the juice between vapes and also using too high wattage

I use mine at 25w on the 0.4 coil, I primed the coil then filled the tank and left it for half an hour, no issues.

The wattage on the first cleito is pretty low for the cleito, never took it past 40w. But to prime it, I start lower. However, it seems to start out burnt - the priming process is pretty unpleasant and building it up to 40w slowly has not seemed to take the burnt taste away.

On the one that produces a kind of flavourless and harsh vape - I couldn't taste the Element crema very well and then when I switched to the Charlies I could kinda smell it but the taste was also not there. I vape vapourized Darth in a nautilus for MTL with good flavour and Blonut milk and Twelve Monkeys in my Kanger toptank, again with no problem.

Thoughts?

Wish I could help, I love the Cleito, got 3 of them and none have had the probs I've heard ther people complain of. I can tell ya what I'd do with mine if they were acting like yours though...

The one with vapour lock, I'd pull it to bits and clean it thoroughly, replace the rubber seal, put it all back together checking that everything screws together peoperly - no misthreadng blah blah etc. If that didn't fix it I'd try swapping out individual parts and replacing them with bits from a working Cleito - see if I could pinpoint what was causing the issue. Failing all that...back to the shop for replacement or refund.

Bad taste one - clean it, clean it, clean it...and ofc use new coil (preferably from different batch as you have already) or I'd try it with the RTA deck to establish if its a coil thing. There are a significant amount of folk who have complained about taste issues and I had a discussion with such an Ape recently who suspected it was poor quality rubber seals,,,after mountains of VERY thorough cleaning he changed the rubber seals - even on the coil!! - and got rid of the issue. I dunno if its truly bad quality seals and bad luck, or poor quality seals and user sensitivity to shite rubber that is the root cause there. Whichever it might be, there are too many people who complain of it for it not to be a genuine issue but speaking for myself I have never encountered it.

Good luck, I'll have my fingers X'd for you - as you say the Cleito is a champion for flavour.

The elements crema is that a 80vg mix? Also the glory glaze will kill your coils extremely quick as it is so sweet

To throw in my 2 cents , my cleito experienced vapor lock and unsrewing the top cap fixes it hower it's inconvenient ( you see the bubbles rise) the next up was coils , i had 2 batches and as you say crappy nasty flavour from all of them (bad batches) my mate has a cleito and his coils are great and produce awesome flavour , before i gave up i bought the rba and fat tank which fixed the vapor lock and flavour issues .

I love my Cleito and never had an issue, I only use it with the RBA and fatboy glass, it might be worth your time looking into that.

The elements crema is that a 80vg mix? Also the glory glaze will kill your coils extremely quick as it is so sweet

The elements crema is an 80vg mix but shouldn't the cleito be able to handle this?
I know the glory glaze kills coils quickly but the issue was never that the coils die quickly. Out of interest how quickly do you think a coil might die on glory glaze, vaping at 40 watts about a 4ml tank a day? I believe that using glory glaze might shorten a coils life from an average of 2-3 weeks to 1 week. This wouldn't really be a huge problem, the problem is that the coils never get this far - they give dry hits and taste burnt almost as soon as I use them.

@sebringmaster @Myashey

I have the fat boy glass, don't have the rba - but considering purchasing it. Will try the fatboy class and see if it somehow affects the seals in a positive way but gonna try it with another stock coil tonight. Have also left the stock coil soaking all night after putting three small needle holes in the only wicking port without a steel back on it. Will see if this combo helps. On the plus side it hasn't leaked overnight after putting three holes in the wicking on one side.

Back
Top Bottom