What's new

Am I doing this right? (wicking)

Thank you for your replies guys!

Good to know that I'm doing this right. Well, I should have said that the cotton used to last 10-15 days.
Now it lasts 4-5 days. I don't do anything different regarding wicking. I did buy different juice though.
Is it possible that the new juice affects the cotton "lifespan"?

Edit: I use Wotofo xfiber cotton.

Yes. Eliquid that has a lot of sweetener in it will gunk your coil up quicker and you’ll need to dry burn and rewick more often. I run 4 different vapes at a time and I rewick all of them once per week so 4-5 days sounds about right to me. The basic rule is simple: when the taste drops off it’s time to rewick. Over time the mesh strip becomes less and less effective too so you’ll need to rebuild every month or so

Looks like you got it spot on to me, as a matter of interest what wattage are you vaping at?

What puzzles me, is that the new juice is just a different taste of fruit. And it isn't that much sweeter. I went from apricot to melon.
Could it be that it's not 70VG/30PG, (even though the vendor sells it as 70/30) but closer to 50/50? I assume that because I'm using much more juice now. One 50ml bottle of the previous juice used to last me about one week and the new one lasts around 4-5 days.
I'm vaping at 45W.

What puzzles me, is that the new juice is just a different taste of fruit. And it isn't that much sweeter. I went from apricot to melon.
Could it be that it's not 70VG/30PG, (even though the vendor sells it as 70/30) but closer to 50/50? I assume that because I'm using much more juice now. One 50ml bottle of the previous juice used to last me about one week and the new one lasts around 4-5 days.
I'm vaping at 45W.

Different brands use different amount of sweetener to enhance flavour - even with fruits. American and Malaysian manufacturers are the worst but not exclusively. There are some recommend Eliquid vendors on here - prime Vapes are really popular and Cotswold Vapour are a personal favourite - if you fancy trying other ranges. Finally, the more liquid you are vapourising the quicker you’ll need to change out your wick

Well, I bought the new juice from one of the recommended vendors. Although I love the flavour, vaping 50 ml in 4 days, compared to 7 days my old juice used to last, is a dealbreaker.
I guess all I can do is try buying juice from different vendors until I find one that ticks all the boxes.

Unless someone can recommend some liquids that taste like actual fruits (not a fan of menthol) and not like cough syrup.

Well, I bought the new juice from one of the recommended vendors. Although I love the flavour, vaping 50 ml in 4 days, compared to 7 days my old juice used to last, is a dealbreaker.
I guess all I can do is try buying juice from different vendors until I find one that ticks all the boxes.

Unless someone can recommend some liquids that taste like actual fruits (not a fan of menthol) and not like cough syrup.
Just in case nobody has mentioned them ahem cough cough Primevapes [emoji6]

ur wicking is looking decent however i would look at changing ur cotton more ragularly as cotton breaks down over time

I don't bother to crop the top corner and just tuck it over, works well for me, there's a decent height from the mesh to the wicking ports.

Regarding the caramelised gunk on the top I occasionally just brush it off the top with a cheapo dental brush.

(the last photo was just a bit of fun, no need to fluff it up that much)

Geek_Vape_Zeus_X_Mesh_RTA-7.jpg

Einstein-agogo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom