What's new

4 Coils in >2000 Puffs?

Good to hear mate - noticing an improvement with thinner juice? If you need any advice on RTAs just say; there's loadsa people here willing to help!

Yes get yourself a nice solid RTA you will then also enjoy and want to change your coil..you can experiment making different coils and different wires etc it or if your coils good just re wick it and start again..makes vaping so much more interesting and fun..well for me anyway..
And very cost effective verses stock coils...

Much appreciated guys! With RTA's: would I need to purchase a new Tank or is it just the atomiser/coil itself? (Still getting to grips with all the new methodology :) Don't suppose you guys have any recommendations for me? Personally not looking for a dripper but anything else would be good :)

Also @shamu762655 The 50/50 juices have been way better. Usiing a fairly gunked up coil at the moment and still going fine with 50/50 juices. Previously with 70/30 as soon as the coil became somewhat brown; I'd get mostly burnt hits :(

Thanks for all help and support!

Last edited:
Much appreciated guys! With RTA's: would I need to purchase a new Tank or is it just the atomiser/coil itself? (Still getting to grips with all the new methodology :) Don't suppose you guys have any recommendations for me? Personally not looking for a dripper but anything else would be good :)

Also @shamu762655 The 50/50 juices have been way better. Usiing a fairly gunked up coil at the moment and still going fine with 50/50 juices. Previously with 70/30 as soon as the coil became somewhat brown; I'd get mostly burnt hits :(

Thanks for all help and support!

RTA stands for Rebuildable Tank Atomiser. It's basically a tank (same as your gnome) but rather than replacing coils you've bought you make the coils yourself and screw them in. It's really easy to do and a lot cheaper than using shop bought coils. If you don't want to make the coils yourself then you can buy them premade and just screw them in. If you bought an RTA then you could use this with your current mod (Reauleax RX)

I've been vaping for a while but only started using RTAs in the past few months and really wish I had started sooner! The metal section of the coil can last a month easily and I just change out the cotton wick when I start getting burnt hits. So simple and cheap!

In terms of suggestions for an RTA, everyone will have a different opinion and there is no right answer! My first RTA was an SMM Serpent and although it has it's flaws is a great starting point. It's really easy to install coils on it and has decent flavour production. It can be had for about £15 If you don't mind waiting from China.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention a few other RTAs. I haven't used all of them but they're all popular.

Single coil
SMM Serpent Mini
Obs Crius 2
Geekvape Zeus

Dual Coil
Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme
Advken Manta
VandyVape Kylin

There are literally hundreds to choose from and everyone will have a different opinion. I'd recommend watching a few YouTube videos to understand what RTAs are, difference between them and then go from there.

If you dont want to get into rta's yet the falcon tank coils last aleast a month with heavy Vaping. If you do want to try rta's i would recommend the manta rta and buying some pre made coils.

I had the same issue, I switched back to my big baby beast and last a whole lot longer with stock coils

Forgot to mention a few other RTAs. I haven't used all of them but they're all popular.

Single coil
SMM Serpent Mini
Obs Crius 2
Geekvape Zeus

Dual Coil
Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme
Advken Manta
VandyVape Kylin

There are literally hundreds to choose from and everyone will have a different opinion. I'd recommend watching a few YouTube videos to understand what RTAs are, difference between them and then go from there.

Appreciate the help man! Decided on the Advken Manta :) Do you have any suggestions on where to buy the coils/cotton?

Back
Top Bottom