What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

4 Coils in >2000 Puffs?

Hey guys, recently got off the cigarettes and started vaping. Feeling so much better overall and my wallet is definitely happier :)

All in all moving to vaping has been much cheaper but I seem to be burning through coils fast. I've kept to the recommended wattage type for each coil which is a max of 60W. I've tried changing the coil types between single, double and triple coils.. I've tried running a pin through the wicking holes to allow the wicks to absorb thicker juices a bit faster but I still end up getting a burnt taste after 2-3 days of use.

Mod - Realeaux RX2 21700
Atomiser - Wismec Gnome 2
Juice - 75/25 VG/PG

Is this normal for 75/25 VG/PG juices, if so, what atomiser would you recommend to avoid this issue?

Cheers!

Congrats on the quitting. This is not my area of vaping but if you are using juice with a lot of sweetener in it coils will burn out quickly whatever ones you use.

hi and welcome to the forum. Sub ohm stock coils are notoriously short lived in most cases although some will be better than others and more informed apes may be able to suggest more robust tank/coil set ups as i dont use them
My advice along with many others at this point would be to get an RTA some pre made coils and some wicking material (its really not so hard). It will not only enhance your vaping experience but also your bank balance

I think @cheltenham cat meant look for RBA , as previous the liquid and watts can kill a coil, or maybe he is right it is early in the morning

Hi mate, could be a number of things. High vg like you have can be a problem if you chain vape or have several hits in a row without letting the coil wick. I use 65vg sometimes a smidge lower, 60, but mostly 65.
If I'm right, the gnome coil wicking slots don't go down to the bottom of the coil. A crios for example go all the way to the bottom so the tank can virtually get empty, though I dont let it, and its not an issue unless you chain vape them near the bottom of a tank of juice. So if what I saw if the gnomes, you would never let it go below the slots even though it looks like there is ok juice level left. The slots dont look big either. Just some thoughts.

Get into your rebuildables m8. It's something you'd look to do down the line anyway. Might as well skip the headaches that most of us also suffered from

Well done on giving up the cigarettes! I'd definitely echo what everyone else has said and look into getting an RTA.

I had the same problem as you do with stock coils and tried everything. Different tanks, different juice, different mods etc. but still had the same problem as I chain vape. Finally got into rebuilding coils and it is so easy, cheap and the results are far better than anything bought off shelf.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Switched to 50/50 juice for the time-being while I look for RTA's for Wismec :)

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice guys! Switched to 50/50 juice for the time-being while I look for RTA's for Wismec :)

Thanks again!

Good to hear mate - noticing an improvement with thinner juice? If you need any advice on RTAs just say; there's loadsa people here willing to help!

Thanks again!
Yes get yourself a nice solid RTA you will then also enjoy and want to change your coil..you can experiment making different coils and different wires etc it or if your coils good just re wick it and start again..makes vaping so much more interesting and fun..well for me anyway..
And very cost effective verses stock coils...

Back
Top Bottom