What's new

1st wicking attempt, any good?

I now use my rdas to test flavour cause they so easy to mess with and rewick, I might try an mtl rta after being involved in this thread, I have an old design ,new to me original serpent, weird thing,bad deck but can be mtl.
It's got a bottom air flow but allso a top thing you can play with ,,it's a long tube thing but really nice smooth vape ,if you close the top it's mtl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190217-005423_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190217-005423_Google.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 195
A lot of north american and malay juices use actual sugar (corn syrup) in there juice. Not so common in the UK but you do still find it in juices like cheap thrills over here.
Technically cbd should help me with back pain but I find it agrivates me in the same way cannabis did. Not for me but Mrs kid is finding it useful.
Nic salts have their place. It's a bit like having that first smoke of the day. It hits hard and fast. You feel it down to your toes.
I wasn't a fan of summer hols either. I don't like koolada. I know it's popular though and made well but just not my thing.

Sounds like nic salts suit those that were haevy smokers then...i don't get those mad caravings in the morning myself...a coupla toots on one of me mods, and i'm sorted again! :)

I think all my juices are of UK origin, so ought to okay then.

I now use my rdas to test flavour cause they so easy to mess with and rewick, I might try an mtl rta after being involved in this thread, I have an old design ,new to me original serpent, weird thing,bad deck but can be mtl.
It's got a bottom air flow but allso a top thing you can play with ,,it's a long tube thing but really nice smooth vape ,if you close the top it's mtl

Good tube protection on that..kinda like the Nautilus 2 tank in a way.

The sirens deck...doesn't really allow one to accurately guage the distance of the coil from the wicking holes....i just put it in and hoped for the best! Worked fine the first time though. As soon as the tank is empty, i'll take it apart again, and have a closer look. I think the wick needs a litle more trimming, but i'll check if it's touching the block./wicking holes. I've not disturbed the coil since i fitted it in yesterday.

Just out of curiosity I just measured a plain old matchstick knocking around @ about 2.2mm
That is kinda like the min height the coil should be aprox 2.5mm say to remove stick and not shift coil
So if you have a flat air block or decent flat area below coil you could try that to help set height maybe

Some decks have a raised/mound air hole that may not allow this height test like True Dwarv etc....
But some like Galaxies, maybe Ares and Siren 2's deck you should be able to slip something under
to help set the height about right.....

digiflavor-siren-2-gta-mtl-04.jpg

I mean you still check by eye the position is all centred up ok etc... but on some decks you could use a little thingy to assist the coil height
(I love my thingy's or thingies)

I've found my Siren 2 and stuck a build in it. Used 27awg kanthal, 8 wraps spaced so that it covers the under coil air holes. 2.5mm ID on the coil. Put in cotton and cut just below the wicking channels. I didn't thin out the wicks, just plonked the cotton straight in.

upload_2019-2-17_11-3-3.jpeg

I did tease the cotton away from the air holes after juicing up.
One thing I did notice when filling the tank with juice is that there seemed to be air pockets. I turned it upside down. This helped a bit. Turned back upright and opened the top cap again and resealed. This cleared the pockets for me. I then opened the airflow. You could do this with tank upside down. I think someone else might have mentioned this. I think the issue lies with the glass being very close to the inner chamber.

No issues at the moment, will report back when I've drained this tank and refilled

Last edited:
I've found my Siren 2 and stuck a build in it. Used 27awg kanthal, 8 wraps spaced so that it covers the under coil air holes. 2.5mm ID on the coil. Put in cotton and cut just below the wicking channels. I didn't thin out the wicks, just plonked the cotton straight in.

View attachment 185443

One thing I did notice when filling the tank with juice is that there seemed to be air pockets. I turned it upside down. This helped a bit. Turned back upright and opened the top cap again and resealed. This cleared the pockets for me. I then opened the airflow. You could do this with tank upside down. I think someone else might have mentioned this. I think the issue lies with the glass being very close to the inner chamber.

No issues at the moment, will report back when I've drained this tank and refilled
Thats exactly how I wick mine, with the cotton coming through the channels but not reaching the base. I found if the tails touch that bottom part juice absolutely pisses out for some reason. Thaks for posting that @rew :)

Thats exactly how I wick mine, with the cotton coming through the channels but not reaching the base. I found if the tails touch that bottom part juice absolutely pisses out for some reason. Thaks for posting that @rew :)

Haven't used the tank in over a year, so we will see what happens. Certainly though, I wouldn't have the tails down to bottom of tank

To update, I have drained the tank and refilled without any issues. Have used 50/50 and 60VG juices. Actually I think I dismissed this tank too quickly and moved on to others. Flavour is pretty good too. Am glad to have revisited this tank after more than a year. How's it going @Deaf Vaper

Just out of curiosity I just measured a plain old matchstick knocking around @ about 2.2mm
That is kinda like the min height the coil should be aprox 2.5mm say to remove stick and not shift coil
So if you have a flat air block or decent flat area below coil you could try that to help set height maybe

Some decks have a raised/mound air hole that may not allow this height test like True Dwarv etc....
But some like Galaxies, maybe Ares and Siren 2's deck you should be able to slip something under
to help set the height about right.....

digiflavor-siren-2-gta-mtl-04.jpg

I mean you still check by eye the position is all centred up ok etc... but on some decks you could use a little thingy to assist the coil height
(I love my thingy's or thingies)

View attachment 185443

Haven't used the tank in over a year, so we will see what happens. Certainly though, I wouldn't have the tails down to bottom of tank

To update, I have drained the tank and refilled without any issues. Have used 50/50 and 60VG juices. Actually I think I dismissed this tank too quickly and moved on to others. Flavour is pretty good too. Am glad to have revisited this tank after more than a year. How's it going @Deaf Vaper

Heya chaps, thanks for the additional advice. Still playing around with the Siren, as there is still a leakage issue. I guess i need to adjust the coil position, so will try that matchstick trick...i think i still got some somewhere. Failing that, i do have plenty of clean 2.5 mm drill bits, that should suffice.

@rew I've noticed this air pocket issue too, the dome is very close to the tube. I've refilled it 3 times now, and it's still seeping, even doing the upside down trick. The tank is nearly empty again (doesn't take long cos half of it leaks out!), so, i'll take it apart and re do the whole deck set up again.

But as for it;s performance (when it's not leaking), yep..good little tank this, very nice flavour response. Just a bit finicky to set up.

Last edited:
Heya chaps, thanks for the additional advice. Still playing around with the Siren, as they is still a leakage issue. I guess i need to adjust the coil position, so will try that matchstick trick...i think i still got some somewhere. Failing that, i do have plenty of clean 2.5 mm drill bits, that should suffice.

@rew I've noticed this air pocket issue too, the dome is very close to the tube. I've refilled it 3 times now, and it's still seeping, even doing the upside down trick. The tank is nearly empty again (doesn't take long cos half of it leaks out!), so, i'll take it apart and re do the whole deck set up again.

But as for it;s performance (when it's not leaking), yep..good little tank this, very nice flavour response. Just a bit finicky to set up.

Well. it is your first build. It's pretty damn good. My first few RTAs were a disaster

Back
Top Bottom