What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

%

As it happens I'm vaping on the 0.8 in my Zlide right now, one air hole open, 17w, Riot Salt Blue Burst, 50/50 20mg.

Took out the 1.6 coil I was using with my DIY 12mg freebase liquid, put it in a zip lock baggie to use later as it only had a day's use and is perfectly serviceable. I do prefer the 0.8 for salts.

I'd recommend you stick to 50/50, the wicking ports look too small, even though there's 4 of them and people claim they wick fine, they look too small to me to keep up with chain vaping. However, some of the coils have larger wicking ports, there's a 1.2 coil they do that has wick ports twice the size and I'd be confident using 70vg with that one.

Personally, I'd use the 1.6 at around 12w for Manabush, if it was me.

@Toastie makes a good point, don't bin the coil you take out, out it in a sealed bag or container and keep it to one side so next time you go back to that flavour you don't need a new coil.
There's now a 1ohm coil with big wicking ports and it's a nice bling gold colour!
I too use the 1.6 for Manabush but at 12.5 watts.

Manabush flavours always put a smile on my face. There's nothing better than a freshly laundered tank, a newly primed coil and some Manabush liquid. It hits the spot every time. I use 1.2 or 1.6 coils for Manabush and have the air hole down at 1 or 2 open for the best flavour.

And I do go on about this but I find longer drip tips give me a better vape - I use 3cm acrylic ones from the drip tip store. I get a longer draw which is better for me.
That’s interesting, I’ve just adjusted the air follow from 1 to 2 holes and yes I can tell the flavour is a bit more richer, if you hadn’t posted that I wouldn’t have tried it, my head is still in roll up mode, trying to recreate the draw, but it’s not all about that is it, thanks

Yes, there's a lot of variables - coil, air, heat, tank, flavour etc and it's always worth having a fiddle with things because you may be surprised. If nothing else, it'll confirm your original choices!

I understand, I do try to hit the search button first, because no doubt it can be a pain for you seasoned vapes having to keep on answering numpty questioners.

That’s interesting, I’ve just adjusted the air follow from 1 to 2 holes and yes I can tell the flavour is a bit more richer, if you hadn’t posted that I wouldn’t have tried it, my head is still in roll up mode, trying to recreate the draw, but it’s not all about that is it, thanks
If you look at the thread you are in it says, "new users corner" and there is no mention about new users only allowed 5 questions. I'm sure I'm not the only person here that had tons of questions when I started out.
I remember when I started vaping I was also looking to replicate the taste and draw of a real cigarette. I now know that the search is one that many of us was looking for. Enjoy your vaping journey and if you really are hesitant to ask questions in the thread just use the IM feature and give one of us a holler.

Manabush flavours always put a smile on my face. There's nothing better than a freshly laundered tank, a newly primed coil and some Manabush liquid. It hits the spot every time. I use 1.2 or 1.6 coils for Manabush and have the air hole down at 1 or 2 open for the best flavour.

And I do go on about this but I find longer drip tips give me a better vape - I use 3cm acrylic ones from the drip tip store. I get a longer draw which is better for me.

Lol, literally just finished my second ever build on a Pandora MTL RTA, and loaded it with Tribute Nokomis Amped...:ape1:...no spitting or gurgling, and no short ! :)2

I'm with you on the drip tips, the stabwood one I got from ecigarettedirect is my favourite, must get a few more... stabwood drip tip.JPG

Personally, I'd use the 1.6 at around 12w for Manabush, if it was me.

Almost dito. 1.6 Ω & 10W for me. Don't forget to stick a wee label on the bag or container with your serviceable coils in, 'cos when you've got two or three lying around you'll soon forget which is which. ;)

@Toastie makes a good point, don't bin the coil you take out, out it in a sealed bag or container and keep it to one side so next time you go back to that flavour you don't need a new coil.
There's now a 1ohm coil with big wicking ports and it's a nice bling gold colour!
I too use the 1.6 for Manabush but at 12.5 watts.

I've not tried the 1.0 Ω, but having tried all of the others, 1.6 Ω does it for me.

Back to your original question, @Jonty, percentages...if you're not into big clouds and sub Ω vaping, then 50/50 is a good place to start. As said before VG is quite viscous and can have a tendency to clog coils up more quickly. The higher the PG, the harsher the throat hit. I tried these from JAC Vapour jac originals.JPG and are 80PG/20VG, which is unusual these days. Only the menthol ones were OK, the rest killed my throat @ 12mg and 10W.

I do prefer slighty higher PG, so all my DIY juice is 10mg 65-70PG/35-30VG.

One other thing to mention regarding coils, which is obvious when you think about it. Higher resistant coils and lower wattage vaping produces a cooler vape, uses less energy, and means that your batteries will last longer before needing a charge.

Mesh Coils are best for me at low temp and i haven't used a coil yet that produces better flavour than a mesh, i know alot of people say mesh is this mesh is that, i am a mesh fanboy since i got the first Profile RDA and i use it every day along with my Unity, i love em.

Back
Top Bottom