What's new

18650s temp questions

Okay I've had enough now and if i carry on people might think I'm being a dickhead.
But before i step away all i was saying is that to say the resistance of the coil is irrelevant is not true.
It IS irrelevant to determining amp draw on a regulated mod.

No need to go Zou, I mean Mr Ripple. :D

Last edited:
upload_2021-2-17_19-17-41.png

Okay I've had enough now and if i carry on people might think I'm being a dickhead.
But before i step away all i was saying is that to say the resistance of the coil is irrelevant is not true.

i would agree with you, but maybe not for exactly the same reason.

i do notice a difference, for example if i build less than 1Ω i tend to push the wattage up. but the difference is in the temperature of the vapour, as far as i can notice.

for example, one time i made a 0.4Ω coil and puffed it at 5w. i did it after reading something on a thread on here, to see how much battery life i could get from an 18350. i remember @Simon G was in the thread (maybe he started it) and somebody else explained that the resistance will have no effect on the battery life, only the power setting. but, it produced a decent amount of vapour, the only problem was it was really cool. so eventually i turned it up.

If they didnt print the coil resistance on the coil or the box then it wouldn't matter right? and you'd be okay with that?
Dont worry mate I know where you're coming from. You, like me and many vapers use our knowledge and experience of vaping and use coil resistance in calculating our expectations of the kind of vape we'll get and the kinda power it's going to need. All I'm saying is it's not relevant to the mod with regards to amp draw. Tis' all. :)

Dont worry mate I know where you're coming from. You, like me and many vapers use our knowledge and experience of vaping and use coil resistance in calculating our expectations of the kind of vape we'll get and the kinda power it's going to need. All I'm saying is it's not relevant to the mod with regards to amp draw. Tis' all. :)
Sod it I'll agree we're both completely wrong :30:

Back
Top Bottom