What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

18650s temp questions

@Mitz and @StrawberryRipple are both right. The coil resistance in a regulated mod will alter the vape experience and will increase or decrease the run time of your battery in terms of mAh but wont effect the current drain from your battery. In a regulated mod it's the wattage you set your mod to and the voltage output of the battery that dictates the current draw/drain of the battery (current discharge rate).

@Mitz and @StrawberryRipple are both right. The coil resistance in a regulated mod will alter the vape experience and will increase or decrease the run time of your battery in terms of mAh but wont effect the current drain from your battery. In a regulated mod it's the wattage you set your mod to and the voltage output of the battery that dictates the current draw/drain of the battery (current discharge rate).
Shush I'm having a Zou moment with him :D

I completely get where you're coming from let me just clarify that first.
I see this said alot but for most people the coil resistance is important.
Lets say you're deciding on a stock coil.
It does not tell you what the amp draw is on the coil it only shows the resistance of the coil.
So the resistance of the coil is extremely relevant.
Until such time as coil manufacturers start putting amp draw equations on the coil of course but i can't see that happening.
The battery on a regulated mod doesnt see or care what the coil resistance is. All its worried about the wattage that you set your mod to.

Fair point lol. I overlooked that option in the grand scheme of things lol.
If you say something different quite often the other person thinks you're saying they're wrong.

The battery on a regulated mod doesnt see or care what the coil resistance is. All its worried about the wattage that you set your mod to.
No but I'm more concerned about the coil resistance cos i know roughly the amount of power I'm going to want to put through it to get the vape i want.

I completely get where you're coming from let me just clarify that first.
I see this said alot but for most people the coil resistance is important.
Lets say you're deciding on a stock coil.
It does not tell you what the amp draw is on the coil it only shows the resistance of the coil.
So the resistance of the coil is extremely relevant.
Until such time as coil manufacturers start putting amp draw equations on the coil of course but i can't see that happening.
No, the wattage matters not the coil's resistance. Most coils have the recommended wattage on the coils or on the box. :P

If you say something different quite often the other person thinks you're saying they're wrong.

No but I'm more concerned about the coil resistance cos i know roughly the amount of power I'm going to want to put through it to get the vape i want.
Yes I agree but as you say you will adjust the wattage to suit that particular coil resistance. Your battery will see the variation in wattage NOT the coil resistance.

No, the wattage matters not the coil's resistance. Most coils have the recommended wattage on the coils or on the box. :P
If they didnt print the coil resistance on the coil or the box then it wouldn't matter right? and you'd be okay with that?

Okay I've had enough now and if i carry on people might think I'm being a dickhead.
But before i step away all i was saying is that to say the resistance of the coil is irrelevant is not true.

Back
Top Bottom