What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

18650 local?

Where did you order the batteries from? If from eBay you take your chances. Only supplier on eBay that I would use is torchy. Anyone else I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

This is important as weve seen fakes out there.

Fogstar.co.uk or 18650.co.uk are the only places I will order from and also others will recommend them. They are both forum vendors on the safe list.

vipertech on eBay, says they are genuine - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-GENU...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My device wasn't cheap so I do hope they are genuine... Seems to have good ratings, is there any way to tell when they arrive?

No idea as not heard of them.
The last scumbag selling fakes had 100% good feedback so it's a chance you take.
For something so cheap the last thing you need is a fake one as there is more chance it could well go bang. Not trying to scare you off but it can happen. Fogstar won vendor of the year for 2017 so that's why you are seeing so many recommendations for him.

vipertech on eBay, says they are genuine - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-GENUINE-Sony-18650-VTC5-2600mAh-30A-Battery-FREE-CASE/182117566150?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My device wasn't cheap so I do hope they are genuine... Seems to have good ratings, is there any way to tell when they arrive?

Afraid they are off to a bad start already as they say the VTC5 is a 30A battery... It isn't. It's a 20A battery.

CsutO2XW8AAOiDS.jpg

Aright cheers, I'm going to order some from fogstar if they're known to be genuine, what a minefield this is, at least my device is genuine, it had a little sticker on there with a code which checked out on the innokin website :)

Aright cheers, I'm going to order some from fogstar if they're known to be genuine, what a minefield this is, at least my device is genuine, it had a little sticker on there with a code which checked out on the innokin website :)
Buy a dedicated charger from fogstar while you are at it mate.

Where abuts are you? if your local to me (Rossendale , Lancashire), i've got an 18650 or a mod, you can borrow till yours arrive.

Definitely order from a 100% legit site as mentioned before. Waiting for a few days or spending ~£14 on proper batteries instead of ebay ones is definitely worth it when you weigh it against even a tiny risk of blowing your face/hand/balls off.

Back
Top Bottom