What's new

Wackygt sent me here !

you got the default 1.6 ohm, the 0.8 Ohm & the new 0.5 Ohm plexus coil (temp control)

I'm happy with 1.6 Ohm at around 11w but you should get the 1.6 & 0.8 in the kit to try
think the 0.8 is fitted by default & 1.6 spare in a sealed bag

You got great support with your fella - you will be fine & a happy chappy, I mean girlie

My fella told me to stay away from the Plexus coil, he didn’t have a great experiences with them as he went through 2 of them in a day. I know nothing about these coils, so it might be worth just trying them all and seeing how I get on with them.
I was using 1.5ohm coil with my Tecc Arcs and got on well but my fella has tried explaining that each tank/manufacturers use different coils and it’s just trying to find the right one for you!

Yup, definitely about finding the right set up that works for you @Serenity87. It's a really good kit so once you have a flavour or two you like and it hits the spot then I am sure you will be able to kick the smokes into touch fully.

How much are you smoking at the minute? I was only on about 10 sneaky ones a day when I quit and it can be a bit of a struggle so my advice to people looking to quit is to try and get a few different tanks with a few different flavours in, once you have a few you like and you get a real smoke craving then try the different juices and feel smug about the fact you haven't smoked. The cigarette pangs will soon bugger off - keep doing this and before you know it two or three weeks will have passed smoke-free and you'll be done!

In terms of having a few tanks as well - handy in case of accidents or problems. What you don't want is for it all to go pear shaped and consider having a smoke instead. Handy to have a back up mod as well ;)

Yup, definitely about finding the right set up that works for you @Serenity87. It's a really good kit so once you have a flavour or two you like and it hits the spot then I am sure you will be able to kick the smokes into touch fully.

How much are you smoking at the minute? I was only on about 10 sneaky ones a day when I quit and it can be a bit of a struggle so my advice to people looking to quit is to try and get a few different tanks with a few different flavours in, once you have a few you like and you get a real smoke craving then try the different juices and feel smug about the fact you haven't smoked. The cigarette pangs will soon bugger off - keep doing this and before you know it two or three weeks will have passed smoke-free and you'll be done!

In terms of having a few tanks as well - handy in case of accidents or problems. What you don't want is for it all to go pear shaped and consider having a smoke instead. Handy to have a back up mod as well ;)

Thank you for your advice!
My fella has just read this message and has said to me that I can keep the zenith tank I’m borrowing from him so that I can be successful in quitting!

Usually during the week I smoke about 15 a day. More at the weekends when I’m not at work. It’s costing me an absolute fortune aswell as not being healthy for me! I’ve wanted to quit for a while but I’ve never stuck to it!

Reason for quitting is due to being on some new treatment for a medical condition and it means I shouldn’t be smoking (shouldn’t smoke anyway but still lol). Seeing how well my fella has got on with vaping now, I just think, if he can do it then so can I! And I genuinely think it’s because I haven’t had the right set up! I have plenty of juices that I like. But I’m open to trying more. Fella has some for Christmas from Prime Vapes/Occult Owl and my fella has ordered some himself including one for me to try so I’m hoping this time round I will be successful in being a full time vaper!!

Hello @Serenity87! Welcome to POTV.

Good first choice of tank, i use that one myself amongst others, with the 0.8 ohm coil fitted. It's great tank to start off with, as it's easy to fill, change coil (without having to drain it first either), & clean..and i've found that the coils are very long lasting. Whilst i don't use it every day, i find that i only need to change it once every 3 or 4 months or so. Don't bother with 0.5 plexus coil..I tried it & it's crap! But the 1.6 & 0.8 are gud un's.

I've ony been vaping 9 months myself, so pretty much still a noob. Started 'duel fuelling' for a couple of weeks, then finished with the pyros and haven't looked back since. But like a noob, i bought nearly everything under the sun at first, but i now have a pretty good idea of what i like, and just try the odd new flavour here and there now. Best to just keep it simple at first, and then expand on your tank/mod/juices chioces as you go along. I did find getting my head around the vast variety of tanks mods coils and juices was a bit much at first, but I found my groove eventually & you'll soon find your groove & you've got the added bonus of an experinced hubby to help you out too, so that's nice!

So, good luck with your vape journey..And don't be shy to ask anything on here...we're all friendly, even if we don't the answers! :D

Last edited:
My fella told me to stay away from the Plexus coil, he didn’t have a great experiences with them as he went through 2 of them in a day. I know nothing about these coils, so it might be worth just trying them all and seeing how I get on with them.
I was using 1.5ohm coil with my Tecc Arcs and got on well but my fella has tried explaining that each tank/manufacturers use different coils and it’s just trying to find the right one for you!
Hi and welcome to Potv :)
At least u trying to understand and look for it ;)
My missus is just..... How to say it... should I or should I not.....

Ouh u do it I don't know....
Honey what liquid would u like? (As she's off fags 4 weeks now )
Pick something please.
Why did u pick washing liquid for me and u got so nice juice??
Jest go and pick something
No no sweetie u pick it....

So I do it all and get bolocking + maintaining tanks, coils and wicks as she's using one of my gears ale what she's doing is change the battery ^^ and bollocks me more

Hello and welcome..
I am a big innokin zenith fan and have been using since they first came to market so a fair while now..
I have around 8 zenith tanks 2ml and a few 5ml and a couple of D22 tanks..
I have done a lot of experiments with everything zenith and as you pointed out I don’t get on with the plexus coil at all I have tried with different temps and liquids but just don’t do it for me..they were meant to be a revelation in coils but for me the flavour ain’t there and they vape to hot and give me a sore dry throat..My comfort zone is the 1.6ohm coil at 10-11 watts and vape happy all day with these..cheapest place I have found to purchase coils is from let petite vapour in France and I buy in bulk..I get 21 coils for about £25\£26 with delivery from them..and as I adv they last me about 3-4 days so you get through them..
Zenith is by far the best mtl tank I have used to date and never have issues using all day everyday.

Hello @Serentity87! Welcome to POTV.

Good first choice of tank, i use that one myself amongst others, with the 0.8 ohm coil fitted. It's great tank to start off with, as it's easy to fill, change coil (without having to drain it first either), & clean..and i've found that the coils are very long lasting. Whilst i don't use it every day, i find that i only need to change it once every 3 or 4 months or so. Don't bother with 0.5 coil..I tried it & it's crap! But the 1.8 & 0.7 are gud un's.

I've ony been vaping 9 months myself, so pretty much still a noob. Started 'duel fuelling' for a couple of weeks, then finished with the pyros and haven't looked back since. But like a noob, i bought nearly everything under the sun at first, but i now have a pretty good idea of what i like, and just try the odd new flavour here and there now. Best to just keep it simple at first, and then expand on your tank/mod/juices chioces as you go along. I did find getting my head around the vast variety of tanks mods coils and juices was a bit much at first, but I found my groove eventually & you'll soon find your groove & you've got the added bonus of an experinced hubby to help you out too, so that's nice!

So, good luck with your vape journey..And don't be shy to ask anything on here...we're all friendly, even if we don't the answers! :D

Well I’m still confused by all the “ohm” stuff and what could work with what wattage and oh my god don’t even get me started on what resistance each one has lol!

The coils that come with the tank my fella has ordered for me are a mixture I think. But yeah was told the Plexus ones aren’t particularly great. I think I’m gonna have to experiment tbh cos this is all so confusing to me lol.

I’m glad I joined this forum
Though cos everyone has been so helpful, my fella told me he’s learnt sooo much from all you guys and he was a massive noob last year!
So if I do have any questions my fella can’t answer I will defo be asking on here!!!

Hi and welcome to Potv :)
At least u trying to understand and look for it ;)
My missus is just..... How to say it... should I or should I not.....

Ouh u do it I don't know....
Honey what liquid would u like? (As she's off fags 4 weeks now )
Pick something please.
Why did u pick washing liquid for me and u got so nice juice??
Jest go and pick something
No no sweetie u pick it....

So I do it all and get bolocking + maintaining tanks, coils and wicks as she's using one of my gears ale what she's doing is change the battery ^^ and bollocks me more

Haha well luckily my fella has given me his zenith tank cos he has seen how well I’ve got on with it.

I must admit I have had a coupe of stinkies BUT nowhere near as much as I normally do! I think once my new vape arrives I’ll be buzzing to use it a lot so hopefully it will stick and I can say goodbye to the stinkies forever!

See, I don’t wanna be like your other half too much, I really want to try and learn as much as I can about it all without pestering my fella all the time. But whenever he’s tried a really nice juice he has offered to let me try some or order me some too! I suppose it helps when your partner is a vaper too!

Hello and welcome..
I am a big innokin zenith fan and have been using since they first came to market so a fair while now..
I have around 8 zenith tanks 2ml and a few 5ml and a couple of D22 tanks..
I have done a lot of experiments with everything zenith and as you pointed out I don’t get on with the plexus coil at all I have tried with different temps and liquids but just don’t do it for me..they were meant to be a revelation in coils but for me the flavour ain’t there and they vape to hot and give me a sore dry throat..My comfort zone is the 1.6ohm coil at 10-11 watts and vape happy all day with these..cheapest place I have found to purchase coils is from let petite vapour in France and I buy in bulk..I get 21 coils for about £25\£26 with delivery from them..and as I adv they last me about 3-4 days so you get through them..
Zenith is by far the best mtl tank I have used to date and never have issues using all day everyday.

I’m so glad I tried the zenith tank because it’s soooo smooth and it doesn’t feel like I’m trying to pull too hard. The Tecc Arc I was using just didn’t feel as comfortable as the Zenith tank and I just love it!

Yeah I will defo be staying away from the plexus as I haven’t heard great things about those coils.

The kit that my fella has ordered for me, I think it comes with extras coils so will have to try them out and see which one I get on with but like I mentioned earlier, I have no clue about ohms and resistance and what goes with what lol. There’s soooo much to learn!

Well I’m still confused by all the “ohm” stuff and what could work with what wattage and oh my god don’t even get me started on what resistance each one has lol!

The coils that come with the tank my fella has ordered for me are a mixture I think. But yeah was told the Plexus ones aren’t particularly great. I think I’m gonna have to experiment tbh cos this is all so confusing to me lol.

I’m glad I joined this forum
Though cos everyone has been so helpful, my fella told me he’s learnt sooo much from all you guys and he was a massive noob last year!
So if I do have any questions my fella can’t answer I will defo be asking on here!!!

I'm not all that clued up either, so i don't bother with variable wattage and temperature control...just too complicated for me to get to grips with atm. But resistance is Ohms, that much i do know. Watts is power, and amps is current. Basically all you need to know, is to set the right wattage for each specific ohm rated coil. The 0.8 ohm coil I use in the Zenith is works well at around 18-20 watts or so, the 1.8, i guess is somehere around 10-14watts ish, i think. Then it's a matter of adjusting the air valve on the tank to get the desire effect...simples really! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom