What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

TPD ... consequences

I tried typing a long post to this thread, but my fingers are sore from the papercuts i get from counting all my cash i rake in from selling e liquid.

Fuck me this is boring now isnt it?
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png
emoji25.png

Oh would you look at that! coil wholesale prices just tripled! :D

Sorry you got no reply before i was trying to leave the thread be. So my volume of liquid use. I have a few devices tanks etc. But the relevant thing for me is i was a smoker who could chainsmoke all day nesar enough, which was again costing to much and would to me seem like i have more of a problem with nicotine addiction thasn some not saying others don't struggle with nic addiction by the way just saying this about myself.. I vape 3mg as i can't get on with more throat hit. Thus vaping more often at a lower strength suits me. This is also why i DIY to keep the cost down.
I was not the only one to say eliquid was expensive to buy yet i seem to get most of the stick for it, fair enough its not like it is causing me any problem so i just let it go over my head. Which is what everyone should do but each to their own. I also think that the way this whole thing has been handled could also have a knock on affect, people read the posts and agree with one side or the other but there maybe people who see some posts and think look at how the vendor has spoken to this person just because he may be wrong?

OK, 3mg on a heavy smoker just isn't remotely enough. Anything over 15 a day i'd say 12mg would be a minimum.

I understand you not getting on with throat hit, I hate it personally so my lines are all produced to be easy on the throat but as you DIY you might want to start up a thread discussing throat hit levels from various concentrates you use as some are awfully bad even before you add nicotine so you are double screwed in that case. The problem you have at this point is you are now accustomed to the 3mg hit so increasing to 12mg will cane your throat even with the smoothest concentrates. That said I bet that if we could get you up to 12mg slowly your consumption would drop to 5ml a day at least.

Put bluntly, you are wasting all your DIY supplies, using a nicotine strength so under your physical addiction means you are just inhaling fresh air.

If you decide to put a post up with a list of the flavours you choose to mix with please feel free to tag me in and if it's a flavour I have experience of I will comment, I may know of a smoother version that would allow you to increase your nic to 6mg and start on the path of getting your nicotine intake where it should be so you are mindlessly burning through ingredients.

I also think that the way this whole thing has been handled could also have a knock on affect, people read the posts and agree with one side or the other but there maybe people who see some posts and think look at how the vendor has spoken to this person just because he may be wrong?

If they read the first few pages, they'll see vendors explaining costs to your original post and you blissfully ignoring it because you were too busy dancing to the Bee Gee's at your pity party.

You've hit a few nerves because right now it's crunch time for a lot of us, with the TPD costs threatening to put many of us out of business, and you're claiming we're all profiteering. What utter tosh, if anything our prices need to go up!

@ZT and any other vendor. My intention was never to put anyone out of business or upset, attack anyone in the way it may have seemed and i understand times are tough in the vaping business for sure. Times are also tough for most people and their pockets as well. Look at disabled people and their plight as an example, many of them need help with costs yet the Gov is trying their damndist to remove that help.
Now if all vendors had to publish there finances transparently through some recognised body it may well cause people to look at things in a different light.

A tad too Authoritian left for my taste is that - though you can look on company house of similar info.

I take it you dont see privacy and personal liberty as an issue then ?

This one seems to have got a lot of people fired up, the only thing I'd say is to quote a question sent into the magazine Record Collector years ago. As you know some vinyl goes for big bucks. The question was what was the rare record the seller had worth. The answer? effectively; what the highest bidder was prepared to pay for it. Whats an E Liquid worth? Whatever your prepared to pay for it. If your not prepared to pay that amount then it isn't worth it, to you.

I appreciate tempers are running high on this one but let's not go throwing personal insults at other forum users please @pfvapes - you can put over your point of view without resorting to name calling.

You don't see many alcoholics drinking Shandy complaining about the price of lemonade.

Take that throat hit by the cajones and get some 12mg max vg

This one seems to have got a lot of people fired up, the only thing I'd say is to quote a question sent into the magazine Record Collector years ago. As you know some vinyl goes for big bucks. The question was what was the rare record the seller had worth. The answer? effectively; what the highest bidder was prepared to pay for it. Whats an E Liquid worth? Whatever your prepared to pay for it. If your not prepared to pay that amount then it isn't worth it, to you.

That is true, if I don't like the taste of a juice then it's not even worth 50p to me, not even if it cost £1 to make. ... that goes without saying and that really is a different discussion to the extreme mark up and huge wads of cash small e-juice makers are making out of us poor gullible vaping addicts. ;)

I appreciate tempers are running high on this one but let's not go throwing personal insults at other forum users please @pfvapes - you can put over your point of view without resorting to name calling.
Apologies,

not my usual style as you know, i will edit the posts to remove the direct insults

Back
Top Bottom