What's new

tongue on fire

555 Steve

Help please. 50 year smoker 5 day vaper. The 3 juices i've tried leave my tongue feeling like its been sandpapered and a metal taste. Didn't expect this. If there are any views please no tech or vaper speak. I'm 60 but for this here world I'm 6. Thanks. Don't know if this is even the right place to ask!

Hey, @555 Steve

What liquid is it, what nicotine level is it... and what PG/VG ratio is it (if you know that, if not just the brand/flavour will do)

What device are you using to vape it?

more questions will no doubt follow. :)

sorry it's taken someone so long to reply too.

also just to add, after smoking for 50 years (I smoked for 35) your body (especially your mouth, tongue, throat and lungs) will take some time to adjust not smoking and also some time to adjust to vaping.

I suffered with mouth ulcers for a few months after stopping smoking.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum :welcome1:

As Simon says above, if you could give us a bit more information, I’m sure we’ll be able to help. There are so many different types of liquids and ecigs available today that without knowing more, it’s impossible to advise :)

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum :welcome1:

As Simon says above, if you could give us a bit more information, I’m sure we’ll be able to help. There are so many different types of liquids and ecigs available today that without knowing more, it’s impossible to advise :)

If I had to guess I'd say he's using a relatively high nicotine and the coil is flooded and he's drawing liquid into his mouth on to his tongue.... but after smoking for 50 years it's not uncommon for your mouth to get sore after stopping.

Or maybe just sucking too hard on it... or maybe just a poor device.

.... hopefully a simple flick out and he'll be right.

I hope a vape shop hasn't sold him something ridiculous.

Help please. 50 year smoker 5 day vaper. The 3 juices i've tried leave my tongue feeling like its been sandpapered and a metal taste. Didn't expect this. If there are any views please no tech or vaper speak. I'm 60 but for this here world I'm 6. Thanks. Don't know if this is even the right place to ask!
Hi Steve and welcome to the planet.
congratz on the 5 days. it does get easier trust me and yes youve posted in the right place.

as said we need a lot more info really before we can advise. whatever it is it doesnt sound right.

so like mentioned above, we need to know the kit you are using and where you bought it. the mod (battery part), the tank and the coil that goes in it. a link to a website or a picture uploaded on here would help if your not sure.
and also the juice make and nicotine strength and where you bought it.
sadly there are a lot of fake juice and coils out there especially on ebay and amazon.

Thanks to ALL for your time.
I've got 3 flavours rating : myvapes PG 60% VG 40% Nic 0.6%
cheeky monkey PG 25 VG 75 Nic 0.6
tootin juice PG 50 VG50 Nic 0.6
i have an innokin T20s, bought online. It does not spit . I wouldn't say I get a mouthful of juice, some times a bit at the lips. Don't find I need to 'suck hard' ,so don't do that. I do drink water after to stop my tongue stinging, does not help much.
Took forever to type this! Going now, back later. thanks all.......

It could be juice getting on your tongue, that will sting, it's the nicotine.
You could trying 'flicking' it to remove any juice from the tip.

Back
Top Bottom