What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

This is my story! Hi

mattj07

Initiate
Hi all, Just joined after reading various posts and threads on here and thought it was high time I registered. So, a little about myself........
I'm Matt 25 from Worcester and a relatively new vaper having only picked up a typical starter kit around 4-5 months ago. Now I know I'm going to have my fair share of haters and 'hopefully' my fair share of welcomers but I want to get it out there that I am not a smoker looking to quit! Besides the occasional 'social' smoke (and the stolen cig butts when I was 13) I've never been an out and out smoker! That said I do enjoy a nice cigar on those rare and special occasions.
So how did I get into vaping if I'm not a smoker? Well several reasons. In October last year my Grandad was taken into hospital and was diagnosed with Lymphoma!! Cancer!! A 74yr old man; probably fitter and healthier than me; that had never smoked, never even been drunk; a true clean gent struck with the dreaded 'C' word. Seeing the man that I idolised so much and aspired to be like getting weaker by the day was devastating to see! Then one night after work I found myself buying a 10pack of cigs from the petrol station. My jaded view being that a guy who had been so clean was critically ill so what did it matter if I smoked a few cigerattes and drank too many bottles of beer! Over the course of 2/3 months I started to smoke more and found myself buying a 20 deck every couple of days! People started questioning me on why I was smoking etc and I had no real answer!!
Several of my friends vape and numerous times outside in the smoke shelter I'd catch a sniff of a liquid and be intrigued by it! Then came the starter kit! A completely unplanned purchase but one that got my journey into vaping started.
The starter kit was good for a while and I had several weeks smoking the occasional fag but once the CE4 burnt out I went to the shop and picked up another pack of cigarettes! I continued without my pen for a few weeks (smoking cigs) before I got a new clearomizer and thats when I got truly bitten by vaping. Instead of the CE4 clearomizer I replaced it with a CE5 from aspire with a BVC replaceable coil and the flavour difference was immense! My liquids tasted so much better and soon my battery wasn't able to last a full day!
So with the need for a new battery came a lot of research and video reviews and I upgraded to an Aspire Nautilus Mini and a Sigelei 30w mini Box Mod. The box mod is probably slightly overkill for a Nautilus but the idea of a sub tank is something that in time I'd like to experiment with and the Sigelei gives me the option to do that without the need of another device. This setup has further enhanced my experience and I've started buying more 'premium' liquids such as Digbys, Juicy ohms and Cosmic fog. I enjoy vaping for the flavours, the social aspect and now the tinkering. I understand the risks but I enjoy it so why shouldn't I vape? I drink alcohol, I drive a car too fast sometimes, I jumped out of a plane!! All these things carry risks but I do them because I enjoy them! If I decide to take up Golf tomorrow am I going to be questioned about it because I've never done it before? Just because I wasn't born with a cigarette in my hand shouldn't stop me from enjoying vaping. And if I can get smokers to try it and potentially quit the fags because they see or smell me vaping surely that's a good thing?
Anyway if you've read all this fair play to you and Hi haha look forward to posting more on here.

attachment.php
:2thumbsup: Hello mattj07, Nice to meet you Mate!!! Great Intro by the way!!!

Hello & welcome to the planet.
I normally advise non smokers not to vape, but you had become a smoker though you seem to not accept this,so switching to vaping is a good move.
Good luck.

You won't get any haters on here, even the chunts will welcome you.

Nice story, and it looks like you found vaping just in time. Good luck with your future ventures and remember you can ask anything on here, every question is relevant.

Back
Top Bottom