What's new

Taking the plunge

Jeeves19831

Postman
Hi all

Just wanted to tip my hat and say a massive hello to you all.

I'm due to start my quit smoking/start vaping journey. I have reduced my smoking by using my current device which is a Joyetech Aio Ego with 0.5ohm Clapton coils.

Now looking to start full time from the beginning of October. My Ego isn't great for customising my vape and looking to get my first kit. Obviously I'm looking to replace smoking so cloud chasing isn't my aim. Ideally I want something with good battery life and great taste and throat hit, without demolishing my e-juice.

I feel I have settled on a mod setup below based on research and opinions from others. Any alternative suggestions or ideas would be great.

Mod: Vaporesso Nebula
Tank: Aspire Cleito
Coil: Aspire Cleito 0.4 ohm
Additions: Cleito Fat Boy 5ml replacement glass.

Also looking for some really great tasting apple, mint and grape liquids. Any ideas.

Anyway, thanks in advance and happy vaping.

Hi @Jeeves19831 and welcome to the Planet.

good luck on your new venture into the real world of vaping.

not seen this kit before but it does look quite a nice mod http://www.vaporesso.com/nebula-kit-vaporesso-0
but (isnt there always a but) i see it only takes 1 battery :(
now i have no idea what the new 26650 battery life is like but the only single 60w mod ive got with 1 18650 battery only lasted 1 hour 10 minutes on a full charge running at 50watts
duall battery mods at 50watts last me a good 3-4 hours and thats chain vaping.

the cleito is a nice tank but i used to get quite a bit of spitback but it depends on juice. still a nice tank for flavor though.

this page is defo worth bookmarking for future reference. all our recommended hardware suppliers can be found on post 5 and are usually cheaper than high street shops and amazon POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

I use a cleito tank with the 0.4 coil from time to time and find it pretty good for a stock coil tank.
However , you said you wanted a set up to replace smoking so are you sure about the cleito , it's a direct to lung tank and doesn't simulate smoking.

Thanks Mrdj.

I doubt I would be a chain vaper but don't want to run the risk of running out of power midday. I take it you are suggesting at least a twin 18650?

Do you have any suggestions on mod? I was also looking at the standard Smok kit, either alien or provolone looks great and tank supposed to be great, but apparently it's a thirsty sod.

Mick Brown, th if it doesn't simulate smoking it's not a problem. It's more the nice hit and doing something with my hand. I have found it's more habit. In the past when using other methods, it was missing the throat hit.

well spotted mick. i missed that :)

as said
to replicate smoking you will need a mouth to lung tank which uses much lower wattage 10-14watts and then you can use much higher nicotine. as these coils have very small juice holes then a 50vg/50pg is what i found best. they can use 70/30 but the coils clog up quicker with the thicker vg. something like a nautilus or nautilus 2

the cleito is a sub ohm tank for direct to lung vaping (just like using a bong if you ever dabbled). best with 3mg or 6mg nic max at much higher wattage. i use 50watts with the 0.4 coil

Mrdj and Mick Brown, thanks for the advice

I have tried DTL and I actually prefer it. I think my mindset now is geared to replacing smoking with something completely rather than trying to simulate it.

Hi @Jeeves19831 and welcome to the forum.

As has already been said the Cleito is DTL and due to the wattage required I would suggest a dual / triple battery mod.

Would also suggest getting an external charger as well so you never run short... most mods have balanced having direct through a Micro USB connection however I would still say go for a spectate charger.

Will add that the cleito is also quite thirsty as well.

In relation to the liquids I would suggest the following.

Is it true - Grape soda
City of fog - apple source
Tropix - Fizzy Apple

FYI... if you haven't seen the banner at the top of every page... we are currently doing a charity raffle for the East Anglia Children's Hospice which I'm sure you would agree is a totally worthwhile and deserving cause and will make great use of any donations received.... details on how to enter and the prizes on offer are available through the links on the banner itself.

Closes on the 29th of September at 10pm and the draw will then take place on the 30th. Good luck if you decide to enter.

Hi fogster

Thanks for the info. As I said earlier, I am also looking at some of the smok mods. Even had a look at the wishes rx200 but unsure if the power in it would be overkill.

Yeah I have seen the warnings about charging direct through the mod. Have already got a 2017 nitecore charger which take both 18650 and 26650. I would rather use that possibly carrying a spare charged set of batteries around in a case.

I'll have a look at those juices. Like real life, I like a strong tasting apple so looking for a decent flavour off of a vape too. Due to the TPD, i would also like to make use of the zero nic big bottles and add a nic shot.

Back
Top Bottom