What's new

side effect with vaping?

legepe

Hi everyone...
Ive been vaping on and off for around 4 to 5 years and I gave up cigs again and started vaping 2 months ago
I wouldnt class myself ever using a lot of ejuice - I would average around 5ml per day
Ive always mixed my own juice with something like:
1.7 nico (pg)
1.3 water
17 VG
This time I have just bought from the local shop pre made flavoured juice 6mg nico (brand-edge)
Problem I have now and alway had whenever I was vaping is very dry eyes..! when I wake in the morning it is like having sand in my eyes..!
Has anyone here had or know of anyone with similar side effects with vaping..? and does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this?
Thanks
legepe

Hi and welcome to the planet.
never heard of that one before but i guess clouds getting in your eyes could irritate a bit. vape dehydrates so you need to drink plenty of water. also do you suffer with hay fever as it can start at any time in life. that will iritate your eyes a lot.

I agree with @MrDJ Dehydration can be an issue, i am also taking water tablets for health reasons so dehydration is a big problem for me, i have dry skin because of the water tablets and often a dry mouth through vaping, i now have juice at my side when ever i vape and now i am pretty much sorted. I haven't come across dry eyes before so like MrDj says it could be down to hayfever.

the newer and more expensive spray on closed eye lid treatments for dry/itchy eyes are extremely effective in my limited experience..

Hi again everyone.. and thanks for your replies
I am much more hydrated now because since this lock down 2 months ago I stopped drinking every day as well as quiting the cigs.. I am also eating more healthy and exercising almost every day.. In the past when vaping I never connected my dry eye issue with vaping.. and it wasnt until this time that I realized it only occurs when I vape
The only thing I can think of to do now.. is maybe use the most pure type of VG.. any suggestions what VG i could try?
In the past I went to opticians and also used verious types of eye drops and sprays but nothing really helped.. when I was smoking 20-25 per day and drinking too much I may have felt dehydrated but my eyes where always ok...

If your still drinking Alcohol and Vaping your doing 2 things that cause Dehydration so doing them at the same time could be your problem.

the higher you go with vg will just burn your coils out or give dry hits as it will be too thick for a mouth to lung tank which i guess you are using as you are on 1.7mg nic

the higher you go with vg will just burn your coils out or give dry hits as it will be too thick for a mouth to lung tank which i guess you are using as you are on 1.7mg nic
Yes mouth to lung.. the way I combatted this previously is by using water to replace the pg.. then maybe put in menthol to give a throat hit.. it worked ok.
If I recall I was using pharmaceutical grade VG... Should I use or try organic?

If your still drinking Alcohol and Vaping your doing 2 things that cause Dehydration so doing them at the same time could be your problem.
I think you have miss understood.. I was drinking too much and smoking cigs upto two months ago.. when I stopped doing both and replaced the cigs with vaping.. and that is when my dry eyes started..
When I was drinking and smoking I was sometimes dehydrated and was feeling not that good.. but since I have stopped this.. I feel much better in general.. it is just the dry eyes mainly in the mornings and I always had this problem when I vaped in the past.. its just until now I never connected it to vaping... Like I asked in the previous post.. does anyone know if i should use Organic VG instead of Pharmaceutical VG?

Back
Top Bottom