What's new

reviewing products

I review a few things now and then. First thing i have to say is I do this to help out members as well as the vendors kind enough to send free stuff. I use the goods and write about what i think of the product myself.
For some people to say reviewers put up fake or influenced reviews just for free stuff isn't entirely true and it can sometimes smack as jealousy even if it isn't meant that way. My reviews are due to companies asking me to review which must be because they have seen my reviews and like them.
If i find something bad i will say it's bad the same as i would with anything, people need to know both the pro's and cons.
What gets forgot is that it does take up time to write up a review it takes time to use the goods etc etc so in sense the goods are not free, they are a gift for spending a few hours of someones time. which means it is not free advertising. Some reviewers spend money on stuff like webcams, lighting etc to do video reviews again not free.
There are also members who review goods then give them away, again this wipes out the argument that reviewers only do reviews for free stuff.
So if you think that reviews are only free adverts or someone being biased then the answer is don't read or watch the reviews.
Yes there are reviewers mainly on youtube though who are in it for the money and free stuff who will big up everything to keep the goods and cash coming in, but it doesn't apply to all reviewers.
So in a nutshell, there is more to it than getting "free" stuff so i think folks should stop moaning about things. Who wants to be moaned at for anything?. No one so put yourself in their shoes before you moan. ie remember to think how you would feel if someone slagged you off for something. That's right you wouldn't be happy. Everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to do reviews, everyone is entitled to live how they choose so with that why would you want to complain about something that doesn't affect you, pay attention to your own business, than those of others and let others get on with their lives rather than moan that they are getting this or that etc or stay away from stuff you don't like as it negates you from having a moan and will save you time as you won't feel the need to moan. Spread some love rather than hate
I hope you didn't think I was meaning folk like you.
I thought it was obvious the type of reviewer I was meaning.
You know as soon as you watch their review that it is a business.

At the end of the day, I couldn’t care if you get the stuff for free or what you have to say about it. It might sound rude (not intentional) but I’ve got to pay for my version of whatever it is so the decision to purchase or move along is mine and mine alone.

Add to that the fact we all vape differently and a review is almost pointless beyond ‘does it look good and will the menu system drive me up the wall?’

All of my duel coil RDAs are set up with single coils. I’m practically a heathen. Who in their right mind is going to review a duel coil RDA in that setup?

I hope you didn't think I was meaning folk like you.
I thought it was obvious the type of reviewer I was meaning.
You know as soon as you watch their review that it is a business.

Hi matey, no i didn't think it was aimed at folk like me:). I just feel it is time to put the points over that i did. I don't think everyone thinks things through about reviews and tar all reviewers with the same brush, which is unfair. As said earlier No one likes to be moaned at or put down for anything, unless they are a gimp of course. Plus i suppose everyone has at least one fault that could be used to take the piss or moan about. I just don't see the point in anyone else moaning about someone elses actions unless they actually cause someone a problem. I.E Yes those sods next door play music loud till 4am, ok fair to moan as it keeps folks awake. But a review of an item isn't going to cause anyone to loose sleep and there is the option not to watch/read it.
The thing i find wrong with Youtube reviewers is they don't only want free items, but they also want payment in cash for doing a review. OK youtube now charges for using it for reviews of vapegear but the reviewers could always choose another free platform to put their reviews on.

An example of bad review practice was ambitionz vapour. The Hotcig R150 was sent to him, myself and a few others. Ambition had a faulty mod and through a wobbler at Hotcig because of it and slated them over the faulty mod even saying to Hotcig that they should be paying him for doing the review. Hotcig sent him another and he then did another review post saying how good the mod is etc. I can understand if someone buys something and it is faulty, but complaining and slagging off when you get a freebie is wrong.

I review a few things now and then. First thing i have to say is I do this to help out members as well as the vendors kind enough to send free stuff. I use the goods and write about what i think of the product myself.
For some people to say reviewers put up fake or influenced reviews just for free stuff isn't entirely true and it can sometimes smack as jealousy even if it isn't meant that way. My reviews are due to companies asking me to review which must be because they have seen my reviews and like them.
If i find something bad i will say it's bad the same as i would with anything, people need to know both the pro's and cons.
What gets forgot is that it does take up time to write up a review it takes time to use the goods etc etc so in sense the goods are not free, they are a gift for spending a few hours of someones time. which means it is not free advertising. Some reviewers spend money on stuff like webcams, lighting etc to do video reviews again not free.
There are also members who review goods then give them away, again this wipes out the argument that reviewers only do reviews for free stuff.
So if you think that reviews are only free adverts or someone being biased then the answer is don't read or watch the reviews.
Yes there are reviewers mainly on youtube though who are in it for the money and free stuff who will big up everything to keep the goods and cash coming in, but it doesn't apply to all reviewers.
So in a nutshell, there is more to it than getting "free" stuff so i think folks should stop moaning about things. Who wants to be moaned at for anything?. No one so put yourself in their shoes before you moan. ie remember to think how you would feel if someone slagged you off for something. That's right you wouldn't be happy. Everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to do reviews, everyone is entitled to live how they choose so with that why would you want to complain about something that doesn't affect you, pay attention to your own business, than those of others and let others get on with their lives rather than moan that they are getting this or that etc or stay away from stuff you don't like as it negates you from having a moan and will save you time as you won't feel the need to moan. Spread some love rather than hate
Ive liked your post which is actually a great review of this thread if you think about it.

Maybe that’s good idea. We could do reviews of threads. And we could have a section on the forum called “thread reviews” where we start threads to review other threads.

The only problem would be if somebody tried to review a thread review thread.

I think most reviewers are pretty honest (with some notable exceptions) ... there's not much point in being otherwise. It's not going to take long for people to realise you are full of shit and stop reading/watching your reviews. I do try to be objective though, because we don't all like the same things, I just hope that it's somewhat helpful to people who might be thinking about buying said item.

Back
Top Bottom