What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Research

Morning all

I came across this forum while doing research for my project. I am an MSc Health Psychology student at City University of London and I am preparing a survey that aims to understand the views and expectations of e-cigarette smokers and vapers. Would it be ok to share the link here when the survey is launched?

I am more than happy to share more information if anyone is interested.

Thank you

Juliana

I can't speak for POTV as a whole, but yes we have had quite a few links for surveys regarding research posted on here. One thing I would say though is that some of these surveys have seemed somewhat pointless and badly worded, which make them nigh on impossible to answer accurately. I'm sure people on here would give you some feedback if required.

Morning all

I came across this forum while doing research for my project. I am an MSc Health Psychology student at City University of London and I am preparing a survey that aims to understand the views and expectations of e-cigarette smokers and vapers. Would it be ok to share the link here when the survey is launched?

Thank you

Juliana
As Rew said, plus - nobody “smokes” an e-cigarette or vape device. Most of us long-in-the-tooth vapers who have a hand in tobacco harm reduction circles strongly object to the term. There is no combustion, therefore there is no smoke. People who appear to be violently opposed to vaping do all they can to link it to tobacco use; its a very poor choice of word.

One thing I would say though is that some of these surveys have seemed somewhat pointless and badly worded, which make them nigh on impossible to answer accurately.

I fully agree. :14:

And surveys are fine but what we really need is peer reviewed research into health aspects of vaping v. smoking (King Smoking v. Vapezilla!)

More of that research is the key to convince more smokers that vaping is an excellent harm reduction strategy (and a great moollah saver to boot!)

Thank you so much for your replies. Being new to this area and having just started my research I greatly appreciate your thoughts and ideas. I will definitely be wary about the terminology now and I am open to criticisms if they will make my work meaningful. My project is supervised by experts in the area and I will provide their contact details once I have approval by the research ethics committee. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your replies. Being new to this area and having just started my research I greatly appreciate your thoughts and ideas. I will definitely be wary about the terminology now and I am open to criticisms if they will make my work meaningful. My project is supervised by experts in the area and I will provide their contact details once I have approval by the research ethics committee. Thanks again!

Any further help needed just ask.

Morning all

Thank you

Juliana
Welcome to the site Juliana. Hope your survey goes well. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom