What's new

One more cheeky monkey!

FT do state they use reasonable packaging for all orders even with the free option, but they also provide additional protective packing(on the checkout screen) for a small additional cost per item, i think i can handle an extra $1(75p) on a few important items for extra peace of mind the items arrive in good shape.

Decided to go with the Siren 2 in the end msyelf, just my luck it's the one item on order that hasn't yet processed, everything else is packaged and ready to ship, but for some reason the Siren 2 hasn't been yet(shows in stock). Now just gotta wait until Friday and i'll sling an order in at Fogstar for some batteries and a charger. Pretty excited to try this coil building jazz.

EDIT: Product page says "in stock", order for tank shows ETA 3 days.. hmmm, guess i'll have a few days to think about whether to cancel and choose something else or wait it out.

My purchases... (as an update)..

GW66zQ8.png

... i have wire cutters and some sharp scissors already... :)

Figured i try out a few different wire gauges and see what feels right, i see lots of peeps suggesting in the 26-28 range.

Probably won't really need the mod to do 225W(far from it), but want to leave myself open to some sub-ohm(and DL) builds later, and enjoy that sweet ass screen(i'll be vaping largely at home).

Mostly excited for the coil and wicking process, although i know i'm going to totally fudge it up to begin with it's still cheaper than a single 5 pack on prebuilt coils, i can afford to go wrong a handful of times.

First parcels(3) came today, order was placed on June 19th, so took 7 days to get here, that's a pretty damn quick(from China) delivery if you ask me. Unfortunately missed the postie, but if i'm fortunate they'll attempt to redeliver when the other parcel comes out for delivery(probably tomorrow), else i'll go collect at the end of the week(30 min walk into town, give me a good excuse for some exercise and a walk in the sun).

EDIT: By the time i have all my new bits and batteries it'll likely be next week(held off grabbing the batteries, wish i'd ordered sooner now). I invision having several questions and queries come next week, but still very excited to give it a good go(i'm hoping it'll feel like a massive step up from the basic kit i've become use to).

Last edited:
Received the Siren 2 today(looks the dogs danglies), the rest has been scheduled for redelivery tomorrow(saves me a trip) and potentially if i'm super lucky my fogstar order will show up on Friday(beholden to RM parcel speed). It's going to be an exciting weekend or one of anticipation.

Some awesome bits of kit there pal! Your coil building journey will soon begin! I'm sure you know what you're doing as you've done your homework but fore away on here with any questions

Last edited:
Appreciate the support, i'm going to try my best to build everything without any assistance first just to see where i stumble before i go firing off questions.

I have unfortunately hit one potential roadblock already, and i may be worrying more than necessary, so i'll throw it out there for you guys to weigh in on.

Here's the tank.

DbHbXmJ.jpg

And here's a second image showing what i'm concerned about(seems the tank moved inside it's own packaging during transit).

88Vhmla.jpg

It looks very different when eyeballing it(through the packaging, not yet opened it up), i can't tell if it's the start of a crack on the tank or just some residue of some kind. I don't mind a few scuffs on the black parts of the atty and it comes with a spare glass tank, but my heart sunk a little when i started taking pics today and noticed this distinct line down the tank. The Siren has come loose during transit at some point and the tank does hit the outer packaging if tilted or turned upside down, you can see where it's come loose better in this image.

meuzaiS.jpg

Worse case scenario, i'll use the spare tank. I'm hoping it's nothing, i'll know more when i unpack it properly once the other items have arrived.

If it is cracked I'd open a ticket with FT & send them those pictures, they'll send you another glass tank but you won't know until you open it up

Appreciate the support, i'm going to try my best to build everything without any assistance first just to see where i stumble before i go firing off questions.
I get that you want to do it on your own, but a little help doesn't hurt any ;)

If you don't want to ask questions on here, make sure to read a lot and watch vids on builds etc.

Best of luck though, it's a fun journey! :D

I've been reading guides/forums and watching videos for at least a couple of months now, i really don't know what i need to know until i need to know it, but i'll be sure to ask when i do. :D

If it is cracked I'd open a ticket with FT & send them those pictures, they'll send you another glass tank but you won't know until you open it up

What are FT like at handling issues like this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom