What's new

Noob Vapor from Nottingham!.....With a few questions =]

Zombie365

Hi, I'm Sam. 22/M/Notts (UK)

How are you?!

I've smoked since I was about 15 and now its time to quit! so I ordered a Jacvapor e-cig and it came through yesterday. I LOVE IT! I've had a real cig this morning as its the usual thing but since this morning I haven't had one, which is great for me as I normally smoke around 10 a day. Tomorrow I'm not going to smoke at all, just vape! Its been so easy to not smoke and I'm surprised how well vaping is working for me.

Anyway, I love this forum, it seems like there's a real sense of a community on here. Hopefully some of you's will be able to answer a couple of my questions....

1. Is there any shops in Nottingham that sell e-liquid? I've already tried the shops- blue banana, and Ice nine. but to no avail =[
2. What Sites or brands to people recommend for buying e-liquid?.....cheap is good
3. What flavor would you recommend? I was thinking cherry, I only have tobacco flavor atm.
4. VG or PG? I know this has been asked many times before but people seem to recommend both.
5. If I vaped without nicotine, would the other chemicals such as the flavoring and VG/PG still have an impact on my health?
6. Do you recommend mixing or should I just buy pre-mixed flavors?

Thank you!

Hmmm, another Zombie from the Nottingham area??? This could be the start people......APOCALYPSE!!!!!!

Hiya and welcome! I am a cherry freak but as yet to find many good cherry flavours. One that stands head and shoulders above the rest is cherryliscious from pixiejuice-it's amazing! Some folks are intolerant to pg so vg is a good alternative. You could try a 50/50 mix of both :) I love DIY mixing but it's a personal thing. It's a lot cheaper once you have all the gear.

Hi Zombie365, welcome to POTV, buy some liquids first, try different flavours, suss out the lay of the taste land, then go for mixing, if you so desire, that is my advice.
I'm not much of a cherry guy, but from what I see others say, most cherrys are rank, but there are exceptions, me, I do not know what they are ;)
House Of Liquids: Tobacco go to guys, can't praise their wares enough, specifically their El Toro range
Grants Vanilla Custard: They only do one flavour, but you have to guess what it is, most people love it.
Waves Of Vapour: Great variety of sweets and beverages
Royal Vapor: Mystic Juice range includes a decent Mystic Cola
Liberty Flights: Does their own range and a host of guest eliquid suppliers, and a good variety of flavour concentrates
Leisure Liquids: Great for all DIY mixing supplies, and provides Capella concentrates, which are great for a beginner, as little faff needed

That is off the top of my head, there are loads of options, check out the vendors, some of whom I have mentioned, in the Discount Codes page at the top of the forum...

Last edited:
Hi, Welcome to the forum.
To start with, I suggest 5 to 10 mg nicotine content (mix 10mg and 0mg liquid). Tou can reduce it gradually.

What Purplefowler said! Also, the more vg, the more vapour, and the smoother the vape, more pg, more taste and more throat hit...50/50 is a great balance.

:hello: and welcome!!

To answer your questions:

1. Is there any shops in Nottingham that sell e-liquid? I've already tried the shops- blue banana, and Ice nine. but to no avail =[
I don't know of any shops in Notts, but what is this Blue Banana and Ice Nine?

2. What Sites or brands to people recommend for buying e-liquid?.....cheap is good
Cheap might be good on your bank account, but might not be on your taste buds ;) If you want cheap, spend the bits to mix your own. Otherwise there are some very good pre-mixes out there for reasonable costs and it is still cheaper than buying cigs.

3. What flavor would you recommend? I was thinking cherry, I only have tobacco flavor atm.
Taste is subjective, meaning, were all different and what I might like, you might find rank. The best option is to try as much as you can, check out the swaps and for sales in the classies.

4. VG or PG? I know this has been asked many times before but people seem to recommend both.
I have a slight intolerance to PG, so I prefer VG heavier juices.

5. If I vaped without nicotine, would the other chemicals such as the flavoring and VG/PG still have an impact on my health?
Have a look here at some of the most recent studies done on vaping.... http://wiki.planetofthevapes.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page#Studies
While we don't know all the answers yet, vaping, even without nicotine is still better for you than smoking. Not putting anything into your lungs is obviously the best answer.

6. Do you recommend mixing or should I just buy pre-mixed flavors?
I mix my own simply because I am a tight wad and I won't spend the money on a 200% profit increase on some of the "Premium" juices that I can make myself for less than 50p

Welcome zombie

I have tried repeatedly to get ice nine to stock ... They ain't interested!
apparently there is a place in heanor, tho I've not been.

online is your best bet buddy. Am at some point going to arrange a notts memeet so anyway welcome to potv from a fellow nottser

zombietuesday (ZT)

Back
Top Bottom