What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie with wrong kit?

Viva la vape

Hi all, my name is Kev. After over 20 years of smoking I'd had enough and thought vaping was the way to go.
I went into a vape shop and after explaining I wanted to stop smoking was sold a Smok stick V8 baby and some tabacco flavoured juice.

I've struggled with it a bit but have still managed to not have a cigarette for 4 days.

Anyway, I've got a couple of questions

I've read that my kit is sub ohm, is this good for someone who is giving up smoking and new to vaping?
Would anyone recommend a different kit?

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for any suggestions

Kev

When I quit last January I went onto a KangerTech evod thing.. and I didn't overly enjoy it, not enough sucking could fill my lungs so I upgraded to a KangerTech subox mini which I believe is subohm.. quite a chunky (but small at the same time) thing and it worked wonders.

I wish I had started with a subohm kit because a bit part of the being satisfied for me was getting a lung full of vapour.. and seeing a cloud rstuer than a whisper of smoke

Hi Kev most people when they first quit smoking would MTL (mouth to lung). Sub Ohm would be DL (direct to lung) which is what vapors may or may not move to after a while.

When I quit last January I went onto a KangerTech evod thing.. and I didn't overly enjoy it, not enough sucking could fill my lungs so I upgraded to a KangerTech subox mini which I believe is subohm.. quite a chunky (but small at the same time) thing and it worked wonders.

I wish I had started with a subohm kit because a bit part of the being satisfied for me was getting a lung full of vapour.. and seeing a cloud rstuer than a whisper of smoke
Yes but really the mistake i feel you made was going evod a lot of people (including me) do it because they are cheap but inconsistent vape, rubbish batteries and coils easily getting a burn't taste. Straight to sub ohm might of suited you but i wouldn't recommend it to a new vapor. My recommendation to a new vapor would be a nautilus or triton mini with a 20 to 30w mod i think is a great start using 1.8 clapton coil.

Greetings and Welcome to POTV
Well done on 4 days non smoking
keep it up

Hi kev. In what way are you struggling with it? What strength of nicotine is the tobacco juice?

Thank you for the replies.

The juice was juki vape Royal tobacco 3mg nicotine, high VG. It just seemed very harsh. I bought another juice (LDN LIQ 3mg) which I'm managing better with but going through it very fast. Would I be better with plus ohm? I more interested in replicating smoking than producing massive clouds.

Thank you for the kind offer but it sounds quite similar to what I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, my name is Kev. After over 20 years of smoking I'd had enough and thought vaping was the way to go.
I went into a vape shop and after explaining I wanted to stop smoking was sold a Smok stick V8 baby and some tabacco flavoured juice.

I've struggled with it a bit but have still managed to not have a cigarette for 4 days.

Anyway, I've got a couple of questions

I've read that my kit is sub ohm, is this good for someone who is giving up smoking and new to vaping?
Would anyone recommend a different kit?

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for any suggestions

Kev

Hi Kev... congrats on the 4 days... whatever happens with your kit, stick with it as you are over the hardest bit already.

It's tricky to answer your question to be honest.

We could all recommend you kit and you'd get 20 different recommendations that may or may not work for you and I would usually say that going to a shop would be the best way to go.... did they let you try any kit out?

do you feel that it's working for you? ... are you just worrying because it's 'sub-ohm' (which doesn't really mean anything these days in isolation) that just means the resistance of the coil is less than 1.0 ohm. It doesn't really automatically make something suitable or not suitable for someone.

You will more than likely find something that is better for you, but it's hard to guess what that might be, especially this early on.

If you want to try something with a coil above 1 ohm then the T18 is recommended a lot

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club.../innokin-endura-t18e-complete-vaping-kit.html

(you can probably find it cheaper, that was just my first search result)

depending on your financial position, it might be worth picking one up just to see if you prefer it to the Smok sub-ohm type.

@jamiee93 We have RULES for a reason. :12: Members require 100 Posts before they can access the Classified Sections, trying to short cut that will only lead to you getting a walloping and having your posting privileges revoked. Consider yourself warned.:16:

Back
Top Bottom