What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie trying to quit

Hi @Emmaellabella and welcome to POTV Forums You did not disclose how many cigarettes you smoke per day - but then smoking is smoking and from my own experience I would suggest a MTL (Mouth to Lung) option as this form of Vaping is similar to smoking a cigarette and maybe 12 to 18mg strength juice at a 50/50 VG / PG, there is a wide selection of MTL Vape Kits and the simple one button (to fire the Vape) are not expensive £20 or under, this is what I started with and still use today, any questions please do ask and good luck with your Vaping experience :)
I smoke around 15 roll ups a day... Depending on work!! But yes I think MTL will suit more as its the initial hit I love. Thanks for your advise too

Hi @Emmaellabella and welcome to the planet.

back in the day when i gave up mouth to lung was the way to go and tbh i think it still is. ln the last year or so we are seeing more drawn towards bigger clouds with direct to lung kits. it doesnt help when smok and others are advertiing starter kits which go upto 220watts and are pure cloud chasers which needs much lower nicotine. then a few months later weve seen people join saying theve used these kits for a few months but still smoke as well as it just doesnt work for them.

everyone will have their own suggestion and mine is MTL with a high ohm coil like 1.8ohm at low wattage 10-14watts with 18mg for the first few weeks. you may well cough but this is not always the high ni but your body detoxing all the shite out of your lungs and can last upto 2 weeks. every time you have just one cig in that time you start at the beginning again. if 18mg is too strong then try 12mg.
nic salts work for some but they are so smooth but you are geiing a stronger and faster nic hit so if you want to chug on it all day nic salts may be too strong to start with. you may get a head rush or feel nauseas, if so just stop for an hour as youve taken in too much nicotine.

good luck on your journey. it works as i was a smoker of 20-30 a day for 37 years and gave up overnight and its over 5 years now cince ive had a cancer stick.

this page might come in handy for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Hi @Emmaellabella and welcome to the planet.

back in the day when i gave up mouth to lung was the way to go and tbh i think it still is. ln the last year or so we are seeing more drawn towards bigger clouds with direct to lung kits. it doesnt help when smok and others are advertiing starter kits which go upto 220watts and are pure cloud chasers which needs much lower nicotine. then a few months later weve seen people join saying theve used these kits for a few months but still smoke as well as it just doesnt work for them.

everyone will have their own suggestion and mine is MTL with a high ohm coil like 1.8ohm at low wattage 10-14watts with 18mg for the first few weeks. you may well cough but this is not always the high ni but your body detoxing all the shite out of your lungs and can last upto 2 weeks. every time you have just one cig in that time you start at the beginning again. if 18mg is too strong then try 12mg.
nic salts work for some but they are so smooth but you are geiing a stronger and faster nic hit so if you want to chug on it all day nic salts may be too strong to start with. you may get a head rush or feel nauseas, if so just stop for an hour as youve taken in too much nicotine.

good luck on your journey. it works as i was a smoker of 20-30 a day for 37 years and gave up overnight and its over 5 years now cince ive had a cancer stick.

this page might come in handy for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
Thanks for the info. I am concerned the coughing will stop me as whenever I've tried another's vape I have massive coughing fits but they are specific to their needs so hopefully I will find one for me. I personally don't like lots of smoke so again think mtl will work. I will also take your advice on the coil and look at them for their differences x

Thanks for the info. I am concerned the coughing will stop me as whenever I've tried another's vape I have massive coughing fits but they are specific to their needs so hopefully I will find one for me. I personally don't like lots of smoke so again think mtl will work. I will also take your advice on the coil and look at them for their differences x
just to give an idea the latest 2 kits i bought was the vaporesso PM80 pod. the kit comes with 2 coils which were 0.2 and 0.3 for 30-55 watts. they have just released 3 more coils a 1.2 MTL and a 0.6 and 0.8 restricted direct to lung. awaiting their arrival from vape club. so this chart gives an idea of the wattages per coil. each make has their own wattage range though so it can take a while to get used too.

whichever kit you buy you need to check they do a higher ohm coil with a number over 1, so 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 are for mouth to lung.

vaperesso PM80 GTX coils.JPG

just to give an idea the latest 2 kits i bought was the vaporesso PM80 pod. the kit comes with 2 coils which were 0.2 and 0.3 for 30-55 watts. they have just released 3 more coils a 1.2 MTL and a 0.6 and 0.8 restricted direct to lung. awaiting their arrival from vape club. so this chart gives an idea of the wattages per coil. each make has their own wattage range though so it can take a while to get used too.

whichever kit you buy you need to check they do a higher ohm coil with a number over 1, so 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8 are for mouth to lung.

View attachment 219444
Thanks again. The ones I've brought are 0.2 and 0.6 so looks like I'm buying some more!

Back
Top Bottom