What's new

Newbie saying hi!

dianic

Hi there, I'm a new vaper - started 10 days ago, although I tried vaping a couple of years ago and didn't like it.

I've been a smoker for many years, quit a few times but always gone back. I'm 59 y.o. and it's a hard habit to break...

I have a SMOK AL85 now and am trying to find which flavours of e-liquids I like best.

Maybe an ex-smoker or two on here could give me a little bit of a heads up? I'm a roll-your-own with a menthol tip gal, looking to finally kick the habit.

Anyway, look forward to reading and learning while I'm here! :)

Hi @dianic and welcome to the Planet.

no question is a silly or dumb question so ask away.

for backy flavors infused with fruits Manabush is the place to look but they dont do a menthol one.
for that i would look at the dinner lady 11 11 range and their after 8 has that minty hit too it.

which tank and coil are you using as these are 50vg/50pg mix and better in a mouth to lung tank like the nautilus with lower wattage and higher nicotine. i gave up over night with 18mg nicotine after a 37 year habit and not touched a cig in 2.5 years.
most smok kits come with a subtank for direct to lung vaping and these are better at higher wattage but lower nicotine.

you can find all the links and many more here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

attachment.php
upload_2016-11-10_21-18-28-gif.109788
Hello @dianic , Delighted to make your acquaintance !!!

Hi there, I'm a new vaper - started 10 days ago, although I tried vaping a couple of years ago and didn't like it.

I've been a smoker for many years, quit a few times but always gone back. I'm 59 y.o. and it's a hard habit to break...

I have a SMOK AL85 now and am trying to find which flavours of e-liquids I like best.

Maybe an ex-smoker or two on here could give me a little bit of a heads up? I'm a roll-your-own with a menthol tip gal, looking to finally kick the habit.

Anyway, look forward to reading and learning while I'm here! :)

Hi @dianic and welcome to the forum. I smoked roll ups for many decades as well and only quit a few months ago. For me personally, I found going with non tobacco flavoured juices did the trick... but I think everyone has their own very personal journey, so it might be different for you :).

I have spent the past few months discovering what flavours I might lean towards and am slowly working out what my flavours are. I have not tried many menthol juices, but I am sure other forum members will be able to advise.

Do not be surprised if you end up vaping funnel cake and cinnamon or a Greek yoghurt with blueberry though!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, it's likely you will try many juices at first, and probably hate most of them, part of the process I'm afraid, but when you find your elixir it's worth it ;) mind you, you also have to work out which style of vaping suits you too, friendly bunch on here with the world of advice enjoy your vape journey

Thanks so much for the welcome guys! I was a bit sheepish at first, admitting my decades-long habit, but having read your replies, I feel much better.

I'm trying loads of flavours - bought the Rejuiced sample pack after reading the POTV review and yes, I'm hating some, liking others which surprise me.

Thanks for the advice MrDJ and Dadaran - I'm using 3-6mg at the moment, and 20-35 watts. I still kick off my day with a couple of rollies, but I can honestly say (hand on heart), that I've cut down now by almost 75%, unless I'm having a really stressful day. I get that this will take time for me but I feel better for it - and it's way cooler than fags, lol! Seriously, if I can kick the habit, I'll be so grateful.

HAZZA and Vaporz1 - it's all about the journey I guess, thanks!

Hi @dianic and welcome to the forum.

It's already been said but flavour choice is a very personal thing, 21 years of smoking 20-30 a day and to be honest I absolutely hate every tobacco based liquid I have tried so far with one exception, Manabush but I mainly put that down to the fact I'm loving the fruit based liquids.

As @MrDJ told me when I joined and asked about liquids to try.... it's all subjective... what one person loves another will detest.... best advice I have had so far..... get out and hit up your local B&M's (bricks and mortar shops) as most will have juice you can try... it elimina5es you wasting a lot of money at the start of your vaping journey.

Thanks @Fogster - my DD has been vaping for quite a while and she's good mates with someone at VapeHQ, where we bought our kits. Hubby has the SMOK GX2/4 as he's a heavier duty chap, but he's doing really well with it...

I think we'll probably spend an hour or so there trying out flavours as you say.

@MrDJ I'm using a subtank for direct to lung vaping - although it says 40-80w on the coil and best at 55-75w!! I've only taken it up to 35w at the moment, which is comfortable. I'll go check out Mannabush and dinnerlady, thanks :)

Thanks @Fogster

@MrDJ I'm using a subtank for direct to lung vaping - although it says 40-80w on the coil and best at 55-75w!! I've only taken it up to 35w at the moment, which is comfortable. I'll go check out Mannabush and dinnerlady, thanks :)
its all down to personal taste and finding your sweet spot with juice and wattage. ive got tanks and coils that easily vape at over 100watts but im quite happy with them at 50-60w max and the lower the wattage the longer the coils should last, but saying that there are some really sweet juices that are coil gunkers but the coils still last a good 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom