What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to vaping

Really it all depends how much you smoked before trying vaping, I would not have thought 2ml of 9mg was too much, but I was a heavy smoker before I started out with vaping, probably close to 40 rollups a day most days. I started on 18mg juice and was going though a 10ml bottle every couple of days.

Nic juice comes in two types salt and freebase, salt is less harsh on your throat so can be used in higher strengths.
Hi I roughly smoked 15 cigarettes benson and hedges sky blue, I don’t feel the 9mg nic is to harsh on my throat I just feel nauseous and dizzy so thought I’d try the 6mg nic waiting for it to be delivered but because blu don’t sell that strength have had to buy a different type one, someone was also saying it could be the PG VG levels in the e liquid I was using and to try a higher VG level one. All new to me so didn’t even know what VG and PG was at first lol

Hi I roughly smoked 15 cigarettes benson and hedges sky blue, I don’t feel the 9mg nic is to harsh on my throat I just feel nauseous and dizzy so thought I’d try the 6mg nic waiting for it to be delivered but because blu don’t sell that strength have had to buy a different type one, someone was also saying it could be the PG VG levels in the e liquid I was using and to try a higher VG level one. All new to me so didn’t even know what VG and PG was at first lol
PG carries the flavour, VG provides the vapour. I'm not sure if a sensitivity to PG causes nausea and such, but I am not one of the unlucky ones that suffers with that thankfully.

Vaping can affect some people regardless of nic levels.
A young lady I know was vaping 0mg, 50/50, got a bit light headed for a few days at first. Her stick mod wasn't restrictive enough, airflow wise, so maybe she was just getting a head rush?
I gave her a MTL tank, restricted the airflow and she was fine.
MTL is mouth to lung by the way, sorry if I sound patronising, not intended.

A pod system with airflow adjustment would be a cheap enough starting point.

YouTube is a great place to start looking, and the other peeps on here are a huge reference library.

Good luck, oh, & manners, WELCOME!!!

Hi @Melley12313 and welcome to the planet.

it can be a bit daunting when you first start as there is a lot to take in. abbreviations can be confusing as well so if there is something you dont understand then just ask as we dont bite (most of the time) and always someone about to help.

now, which blu kit did you buy. was it the blu pod or the pro which is a pen type.
also which alternative juice did you buy as there sure are some kak ones out there but also some very good ones.
this link is worth bookmarking for future reference which has all our recommended suppliers on POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

i started with the blu pro many moons ago and started on 18mg. the pro kit got me off the cigs but the head unit starts to leak after a couple of months on purpous so you have to buy more. then i found a similar head unit which took a real coil which was 100 times better flavour but those crafty buggers at blu decided to change the screw head so it would only take their own make. bought one of these in the end www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=vapouriz+fuse&i=drugstore&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 which take real 1.6ohm dual coil and are perfect for 50/50 juice.

like also said a pod system may be more up your street. you can find a few here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/vape-deals

Welcome @Melley12313

Like others have said, but I'll reiterate for clarity, the effects you've been having are probably down to one of two things. Too much nicotine, or an intolerance of PG.

First of all I agree to with the advice to get an MTL pod kit, with adjustable airflow. Its a relatively cheap and flexible way to experiment.

Then I would try using a very low nic strength liquid. Or perhaps even try a liquid with 0mg nic. Just to see if that helps your symptoms.

If it doesn't help, you could try a pure VG juice, again to see if it helps.

Hi and welcome to the community. Hope you find something that works for you.

Back
Top Bottom