What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to vaping

It's a journey mate, like I said one device or liquid / nicotine can work for one and not for another it's all about finding what's right for you, I would recommend getting a 2nd device though if you only have the one, as if something goes wrong with it, run out of coils, battery runs out easiest thing is to reach for the cigs / roll ups, again give vaping a chance as it will take your body/lungs some time to adjust and try not to alternate between smoking and vaping if possible

Any more questions / queries post away pal and dont worry about what you think may be a stupid question we were all in the same boat as you starting off
Thank you for your time and advice i appreciate it.

wow! @Cozy has near enough answered it all for you above. well done fella.

now i cant help with any of those kits hes mentioned but i think they will be prefect for you as they have variable wattage so you can turn up/down depending on the coil you have in the kit unlike the kit you already have which is a fixed 40w direct to lung output and a bit too much for a beginner on higher nicotine.

what i will say though is coughing is part of the detox and you will cough now and again for anything upto 2 weeks but this is only while vaping. if you are still smoking the odd one here and there it puts you back at the beginning.
coughing is literally your body trying to heal itself and kicking the shite out of your lungs and is a normal part of the healing process. sadly vaping is not a miracle cure and if damage is already done by smoking then it wont cure that but it will stop it getting any worse as its 95% safer than smoking.

the initial outlay will hurt your pocket for a while and it took me a year before i was in profit. i did go overboard though and spent a few grand on many kits and as much juice as i could. my theiry was if i spend loads then it will be an incentive to look at all that i had spent on gear and know that if i had just one cig i would be back on them again and i would of wasted all that money. worked for me as gave up overnight after a 37 year of 20-30 a day and not smoked a single cig in over 5 years. a good reminder just to see how much ive saved is in my sig below but if your using your phone you cant see it so have a look here as 18 grand saving on what i would of spent on cigs is a win win in my book.

View attachment 218789
Thank you, i will keep trieing, and i will quit, and well done to yourself for stopping hopefully i can do the same, thank you, Andy.

I'd get a second opinion on that (googling 'pacemaker + vaping' was quite revealing)

It's really magnets that are the enemies of pacemakers, not batteries from what I understand.

And distance is EVERYTHING: don't keep your device in a breast pocket right over your pacemaker. Magnetic and electrical fields have very SHORT ranges.

Here's a nice thread on the subject:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/vaping-if-you-have-a-pacemaker-is-this-dangerous.80333/
Yes your spot on, it is the magnet's, something to do with the charging side of the vapes, and like you say i should be alright if i keep the vape away from the pacemaker. So i will take on board the great advice from everyone and hopefully, finally stop smoking. Thank you for everyone's time and help, you have all been so helpfull, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom