What's new

New to vaping

Like said above there are 2 types of vaping DTL which is direct to lung like your sucking on a straw directly into the lungs then MTL which is like you were smoking a cig where you draw into the mouth then inhale into the lungs, the device you have seems to be more of a DTL type device, and at 6mg strength with that it could be harsh hence the coughing, the other cause of your coughing is possibly that because your vaping and smoking, dual fuelling, I found this when trying to transition to vaping, I managed to persevere with vaping, had my last cig on a sunday night then said to myself no more and went to vaping

There are 2 different types of nicotine, one is freebase nicotine which is what you're using at 6mg strength, this will provide a better throat hit like smoking a cig, which is why I asked if it's the nicotine you're craving or is it more to replicate smoking the roll up

The other type is nicotine salts which is a much smoother vape and gives virtually no throat hit but delivers the nicotine to your body faster and allows you to vape higher strength nicotine without the harshness

Nic salts worked for me as I didn't get on with freebase nicotine (tickled my throat and made me cough), and is what finally got me off the cigs permanently, I'm still on nic salts using 3mg strength nic salts in my DTL devices, and 20mg strength in my MTL/pod devices but everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you /others

My advice would be to get a fairly cheap pod / all in one device and try a couple of 10ml bottles of juice, you already have some 6mg juice so maybe try some 3mg, and I would also try getting a 10ml bottle of 10mg nic salt juice and even a 20mg bottle of nic salt juice and experiment with them and see how you get on

Ecigone have some items on sale this weekend and also have 10% off all juices too (already discounted)

https://ecigone.co.uk/collections/weekend-offers?omnisendAttributionID=email_campaign_5ec924098a48f70e06453e70&omnisendContactID=5e4534d2bac16e1979ec49cd&omnisendScopeID=5e4530d94c7fa47e7cb55e04_2_30270029869&utm_campaign=campaign:+SPECIAL+WEEKEND+OFFER!+(5ec924098a48f70e06453e70)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend

Pod / all in one devices suggestions from me would be

Artery pal 2 pro, they only have the monster squad colour left in stock but good device for £15 and you get 2 coils with it, 0.6 and a 1.0 ohm coil

https://ecigone.co.uk/products/pal-...7&_sid=5d9c2d67b&_ss=r&variant=32140004851757

If ordering from here the artery pal stick is also an absolute bargain at £5 as you get 2 coils with it too same as above I would also throw one or two of these in there too for that price

https://ecigone.co.uk/products/arte...1&_sid=5d9c2d67b&_ss=r&variant=32139727929389

Another one although I've not tried it for £20 and you get 2 different coils to try with it is the hellvape grimm device, you can also use the artery coils from above devices in these and visa versa

https://ecigone.co.uk/products/hell...3&_sid=6c380c54c&_ss=r&variant=32140223676461

Nic salt liquids have a look and see what flavour you like the sound of and maybe choose a 10mg strength and a 20mg strength

https://ecigone.co.uk/collections/nic-salt-e-liquids

@DeeDee may have some suggestions on salts but I would say out of the selection on there you wouldn't go wrong with some from supergood, twelve monkeys (kanzi) I've heard is good, strapped salts (sour apple refresher is good) or dinner lady salts

Additionally another place I use for salts is here they usually have a good selection with cheap prices, they also have 10ml freebase liquids too

https://www.vapeandgo.co.uk/

And finally I would recommend having a look at the new users section of the potv forum and having a good read on there which will educate you alot in terms of vaping and information

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/new-users-corner/new-user-questions-and-discussion/

And especially @MrDJ list of trusted eliquid and hardware suppliers

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...of-trusted-e-liquid-hardware-suppliers.78467/

Hopefully that should keep you going for a while and good luck with it all, hopefully we can get you off the stinkies
Thank you so much for your help everyone has been so helpfull. I noticed last night that my vape was spitting a lot so i tried changing the coil i had some 100 w i purchased a while ago and it doesnt seem to hit me so much, i still cough but if i just take a little i think it might be manageable im going to try again and see hiw i go. If not i will defiantly buy from one you have recamenden again thank you so much, Andy.

I hope it works out for you. I would however recommend that you buy a new device anyway. The reason for this is a) a new device might suit you better and b) if for whatever reason your primary device fails you have a backup and are less likely to go back to smoking.

Thank you so much for your help everyone has been so helpfull. I noticed last night that my vape was spitting a lot so i tried changing the coil i had some 100 w i purchased a while ago and it doesnt seem to hit me so much, i still cough but if i just take a little i think it might be manageable im going to try again and see hiw i go. If not i will defiantly buy from one you have recamenden again thank you so much, Andy.
It's a journey mate, like I said one device or liquid / nicotine can work for one and not for another it's all about finding what's right for you, I would recommend getting a 2nd device though if you only have the one, as if something goes wrong with it, run out of coils, battery runs out easiest thing is to reach for the cigs / roll ups, again give vaping a chance as it will take your body/lungs some time to adjust and try not to alternate between smoking and vaping if possible

Any more questions / queries post away pal and dont worry about what you think may be a stupid question we were all in the same boat as you starting off

It's a journey mate, like I said one device or liquid / nicotine can work for one and not for another it's all about finding what's right for you, I would recommend getting a 2nd device though if you only have the one, as if something goes wrong with it, run out of coils, battery runs out easiest thing is to reach for the cigs / roll ups, again give vaping a chance as it will take your body/lungs some time to adjust and try not to alternate between smoking and vaping if possible

Any more questions / queries post away pal and dont worry about what you think may be a stupid question we were all in the same boat as you starting off
Exactly this.
Also, if you have more than one device it makes switching between flavours easier so when you find ones you like you don't have to clean out tanks etc just pick up a different device.

wow! @Cozy has near enough answered it all for you above. well done fella.

now i cant help with any of those kits hes mentioned but i think they will be prefect for you as they have variable wattage so you can turn up/down depending on the coil you have in the kit unlike the kit you already have which is a fixed 40w direct to lung output and a bit too much for a beginner on higher nicotine.

what i will say though is coughing is part of the detox and you will cough now and again for anything upto 2 weeks but this is only while vaping. if you are still smoking the odd one here and there it puts you back at the beginning.
coughing is literally your body trying to heal itself and kicking the shite out of your lungs and is a normal part of the healing process. sadly vaping is not a miracle cure and if damage is already done by smoking then it wont cure that but it will stop it getting any worse as its 95% safer than smoking.

the initial outlay will hurt your pocket for a while and it took me a year before i was in profit. i did go overboard though and spent a few grand on many kits and as much juice as i could. my theiry was if i spend loads then it will be an incentive to look at all that i had spent on gear and know that if i had just one cig i would be back on them again and i would of wasted all that money. worked for me as gave up overnight after a 37 year of 20-30 a day and not smoked a single cig in over 5 years. a good reminder just to see how much ive saved is in my sig below but if your using your phone you cant see it so have a look here as 18 grand saving on what i would of spent on cigs is a win win in my book.

Capture.JPG

Hi

Sorry just seen this thread!

Tbh Cozy has covered it perfectly.

Juice I would also suggest Juice Head Salts, Dr Vapes and Pod Salts

Other than that u have been given to super advice as is always the case on potv

Good luck!

Hi

Sorry just seen this thread!

Tbh Cozy has covered it perfectly.

Juice I would also suggest Juice Head Salts, Dr Vapes and Pod Salts

Other than that u have been given to super advice as is always the case on potv

Good luck!
Thank you everybody so much, unfortunately I've been told today that because i have a pacemaker fitted i can't use a vape , its to do with the batteries in them. so thank you for everyone's help and advice but looks like I'm stuck for now, i really appreciate everyone's help you have all been so inviting and helpfull, THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Thank you everybody so much, unfortunately I've been told today that because i have a pacemaker fitted i can't use a vape , its to do with the batteries in them. so thank you for everyone's help and advice but looks like I'm stuck for now, i really appreciate everyone's help you have all been so inviting and helpfull, THANK YOU EVERYONE.

I'd get a second opinion on that (googling 'pacemaker + vaping' was quite revealing)

It's really magnets that are the enemies of pacemakers, not batteries from what I understand.

And distance is EVERYTHING: don't keep your device in a breast pocket right over your pacemaker. Magnetic and electrical fields have very SHORT ranges.

Here's a nice thread on the subject:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/vaping-if-you-have-a-pacemaker-is-this-dangerous.80333/

People say vaping is not for people with any heart condition, i started over 2 months ago and my Heart Nurse was pleased that i had stopped smoking and vaping was helping me to quit. I had Pneumonia, Heart Failure and some other Infection at the beginning of March and am now quite well since i stopped the Tobacco and started the e-liquid treatment :)

I hope it works out for you. I would however recommend that you buy a new device anyway. The reason for this is a) a new device might suit you better and b) if for whatever reason your primary device fails you have a backup and are less likely to go back to smoking.
Thank you for the advice, everyone has been great.

Back
Top Bottom