What's new

New To Vaping World

@Astral It's nice that you want to get into rebuildables but don't rush in and overwhelm yourself, i would try a MTL RTA first as they are simpler to wick. The Ares 2 RTA is a good starter plus you get a couple of coils and some wire, plus a couple of coil building tools. Try getting the 24mm, i have the 22mm and it is rather small even though it's only a couple of MM.

Thanks @LordOdin, the Ares 2 makes a lot of sense but I'm never one for making life easy for myself.

@StrawberryRipple keeps giving the Scylla such good write ups I keep getting tempted to go with that even though it's supposed to be quite unusual to build.

I figure that if I video the disassembly process, reassembly should be a little simpler. It's the wire type and gauges I have to work out first though. I'm doing a lot of playing around on Steam engine ATM. Winding the wire around a screwdriver afterwards shouldn't actually be too difficult.

Peace.

I have the Coil Master Kit, think they have it on offer at Newvaping, it has everything you will ever need plus a OHM meter which is essential when coil building. I know some use Mods to check the Ohms and dry burn coils but i have to say i much prefer the kit. You will need some really good Scissors and the Fiskar ones are recommended.

Thanks @LordOdin, the Ares 2 makes a lot of sense but I'm never one for making life easy for myself.

@StrawberryRipple keeps giving the Scylla such good write ups I keep getting tempted to go with that even though it's supposed to be quite unusual to build.

I figure that if I video the disassembly process, reassembly should be a little simpler. It's the wire type and gauges I have to work out first though. I'm doing a lot of playing around on Steam engine ATM. Winding the wire around a screwdriver afterwards shouldn't actually be too difficult.

Peace.
TBH building it is extremely simple once you realise how.
The whole assembly is designed to line up with the coil and the wick.
Unscrewing the deck is a bit alien as its the top that unscrews from the deck but again thats simple once you've done it once.
My second one just turned up.

I've never really fancied winding my own coils. I much prefer the idea of letting someone else make them for me. I could never produce something complex like the framed staples I like and they're bound to be better than anything I could ever make.

@MarylinC37 I bought the Daedalus Coil Making Tool for that exact reason, I have only had time to spend about 30 minutes on it but succeeded in actually making some 3 core wire which i was quite pleased with. I am pretty sure with more practice i will be knocking up Coils by the Dozen. Just need people to stop bringing faulty computers to my door then i can crack on with things i want to do.

Back
Top Bottom