What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

new to RTA world

amer.ali

hello guys
at first i just want to say sorry for my english as it my second language.

i want to tell a little about me. i start smoking about 16 year and use to in the last 3 or 4 year to smoke 2.5 pack a day.
at 2018 start to read about vaping and how it help people to stop smoking so i want to gave it a try but the problem was in my country is illegal still (even now) to order vape product online and there was some local online store but with out a variety for device and juice (and nic level) so i start with vaporesso revenger but the lack of the nicotine (the most juice was 3mg) and the DL it wasn't for me, so after 2 month i went back to cigarette.

moving forward to sep 2019 i start to read about the pod system and the salt nic so i buy the zero renova and start with 50mg salt work my way down to 25mg and life was great.

at the end of last month i start to charge the pod 5-6 time a day so i want to buy another one that when i found about the mtl tank so i start the search and find the ammit mtl rta.

the problem now is about the wicking at the first one of my friend did it for me with N80 3mm and came about .9 ohm with juice he made it 100vg 8mg nic and it was good.

after 4 or 5 days i want to try to do it :) i have the kanthal,N80,ss316L all 30ga and try them all
i did the coil 2.5 and 3 mm DI, i did every resistance betwin 0.7 to 1.8. i try the organic cotton koh gen do and the kendo cotton
i try 50/50 vg pg and 40/60 and 70/30 even the 100 vg nothing was working

so i wanna say it must be the wick or something i`m doing it wrong.

these is the last wick i did it. help me
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 1.07.10 PM.jpeg

Hello and welcome..
I'm still quite new to rtas myself. I use 28g kanthal wire, 6 wraps comes out around 1.2 ohms with a 50/50 12mg liquid for mtl

Thers alot more expirienced people here and im sure there will be some that know your tank to help you out along soon.

PS. Changing text to black makes it hard for those using dark mode on forums, we cant see it without highlighting.

Hi and welcome and no need to apologise, you write english very well.

I cannot comment as have no experience with building but hopefully someone can help

Dee

Hello and welcome..
I'm still quite new to rtas myself. I use 28g kanthal wire, 6 wraps comes out around 1.2 ohms with a 50/50 12mg liquid for mtl

Thers alot more expirienced people here and im sure there will be some that know your tank to help you out along soon.

PS. Changing text to black makes it hard for those using dark mode on forums, we cant see it without highlighting.

Ah, that's why I can't see any text.
Hi and welcome to the community @amer.ali

Your wick doesn't look like it'll be doing much to me...

You need it like an upsidedown 'U' - through the coil with the ends going down into the juice ports. It looks like you've just chopped it off.

Your coil also looks a bit high, but that's more a preference thing...

IMG_20200126_124043892~2.jpg

That coil and wick has already had a fair bit of use, it's sagging slightly...

Back
Top Bottom