What's new

New Here

Jason Holder

Hi, I am new here. I am smoking since 2005, guide me how to quiet smoking and what are the disadvantages of the vaping.

Thank You

Hello @Jason Holder and welcome to PotV. l wish I had the magic formula for quitting smoking. When I got serious about vaping, I found a really knowledgable salesperson in a vape shop. He set me up with a tank and mod that fit my needs, along with 24 mg/ml ejuice. There are a few things you could tell us that will help us with advice to give you advice. How many cigarettes do you smoke per day? Are you looking to replicate the feel of a cigarette? Do you want a vape that you can use for MTL (Mouth To Lung) DTL (Direct To Lung)? Do you want a device with removable batteries or one with internal batteries? Or do you want what is called an AIO (All In One)? It comes in a kit that has the tank, mod, and batteries. So if you could let us know a bit more about yourself and needs someone will be along with recommendations/suggestions.
Enjoy, Jerry.

Hi @Jason Holder, welcome to the planet and welcome to your new voyage of discovery!

Smoking is indeed a hard thing to quit but vaping is a great alternative and in many ways better. There are so many flavours and variations to try and you'll smell so much sweeter too, not to mention the health benefits.

The only disadvantages are the charging and the regular refilling of the tank, but these are easily outweighed by the benefits.

Enjoy your new adventure. We're here to support you every step of the way.

Hi @Jason Holder and welcome :thumbup:

My advice... don't fk about - get a nice mtl vape and ditch the smokes asap. You can fine tune your equipment as you go on.

Hi @Jason Holder welcome aboard good on you for taking the first step by wanting to give up the cigs, to me there’s no down side to vaping it’s so much nicer and better than smoking, and I can say that after 40yrs smoking. The best thing about vaping was finding this community the folks here have helped me so much, have a read of the many different posts loads of advice you won’t regret kicking the gaspers into touch.

Hi @Jason Holder and :welcome1: to the planet. :)

There are no disadvantages to vaping compared to smoking. Vaping ia 95% healthier than smoking, massively cheaper than smoking and far, far nicer for your taste buds. We're pretty much all ex-smokers around here. I used to smoke roll ups until about 7 1/2 years ago when I found vaping and it worked straight away for me and I haven't smoked since.

The only thing with vaping is that it takes a bit of experimenting on your part to find what you personally like most because everyone likes different things. You could start by getting a Vaporesso Xros pod system and maybe 3 packs of spare pods to go with it because it's the simplest device to operate but still has OK flavour. Then get a range of juices between 6mg nicotine up to 20mg nicotine and try both nicotine salts and freebase nicotine in different flavours and put different ones in each pod then can then inter change them and see which one works for you.

I also like hybrid tanks for new vapers because they allow you to try both mouth to lung and direct to lung inhaling with different amounts of airflow. The Aspire Tigon kit is a good one that I've used which has lots of versatility for using different power, airflow and coil options which again allows you to test different inhaling styles to find what suits you and the little battery mod it comes with has an 1800mAh battery that will easily last all day.

One important point with both the Xros and the Tigon is you need to get juice that has a PG/VG ratio of 50/50 as thicker juices won't work as well and give you as much less flavour. Dinner Lady is a decent juice brand that has a nice range of 50/50 juices in both freebase and salts type nicotine.

Back
Top Bottom