What's new

New guy

From the link above that is still a mech mod so no protection what so ever.

We are only thinking of your safety as o e wrong move and bang.

A regulated mod has protection. It cuts out after 10 seconds. It monitors the coil and if coil is faulty it warms you and will not fire.
A mech does not do any of this it fires no matter what so if you have a bad build of coil and, well you get the idea.

Thanks everyone for the informed info :) really appreciate it. Even though I've watched a lot of videos, checked up on ohms law etc. bought pre made coils ranging from 3 Ohms to 8 ohms and bought 2 Samsung ICR 18650 3.7V 3000mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, I think i'll put it aside till I've tried a regulated vape for some time and maybe come back to it when I feel more comfortable
giphy.webp

Last edited:
I know I said I wouldn't but curiousity got the better of me. I've built it with .8 ohm coils and checked it on an ohm law calculator ; 16V, 20A, .8ohms, 320 watts. fired it a few times in short bursts and some smoke came off the coils. seems all good so I've put my cotton in and juice and there's no problems. If I only fire it in short bursts will it be fine

Have you checked the actual resistance of the coil on a regulated mod or ohm reader, though? You need to do that.

Back
Top Bottom