What's new

John-P UK ‘casual’

Hello all. I’m John from the UK South East.

I’m a casual Vaper... I have my vape machine (I have dubbed ‘the smoke stick’) welded into my hand and have done since giving up smoking about 4 years ago. I’m just getting to grips with the jargon and acronyms really. The whole affair is very complicated to anyone starting out and this forum has been invaluable for fact finding.

I’ll give you the detailed background so you can gauge who exactly you’re dealing with.

I started with a vape ‘pen’ off the market - a dodgy little thing with nylon wicks and a spring for a coil - along with 24mg Nic vape juice. I basically smoked it like a cigarette.

I then moved on to a more sturdy rig. The eLeaf istick and the Aspire nautilus mini, then bigger Nautilus. Kept me off the smoking but wasn’t actually that great. I could puff it on a plane it was that feeble.

I then got a different setup for more power on the road... the Innoken cool fire 4 plus with an Innoken Isub G and later the Isub apex tank. Better. Less leaks and I didn’t need a vice to open it! Still on stock coils.

I needed more still and wanted more flavour - some of the clouds I’d seen, and to loose the sensation I was sucking a wet sponge soaked in burnt banana milkshake.

I decided to upgrade the ‘Mod’ and was given the hard sell in a vape shop for the Smok Alien 220 - still with the crap tank bit some fogstar batteries.

A friend got me started on an RTA setup with the Aspire Clito 120 and fat glass on the Smok alien. I’m using an UD A1 kenthal twisted pair 30gauge wire to wrap my own coils and like the cotton bacon wick material. I don’t know what that wire description means but it’s the stuff that works for me at the minute, and I’m doing the research people. I’m catching up. The screen tells me... About 45watts - 0.3ohm coils and 3.7v drawing 14 amps there abouts. I only really set the wattage to what I need. I don’t mess with temperature because I don’t understand the tech. That’s the truth.

Any how I get my juice from an online vendor that was on FB for a long time. 30ml and a Nic shot making 3mg juice for about 6 quid a chuck. Not bad. But not that much to rave about compared to the stuff I was getting for 5 times the price at the vape stores. It’s a trade off.

Moving on to now... my second alien 220 is almost dead from constant use and getting banged around and the tanks are getting tired. The batteries are almost dud and it’s time to upgrade.

Hence the reasearch. I’m going to start mixing my own juice and replace the setup again. I like the RTA thing. It’s mobile and practical and gives some good results although I can testify to the ‘dark arts’ of coil wrapping and wicking to prevent dry hits one one side and total leakage on the other. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

So... I was looking into the tank being the ‘Vandy Vapes Kylin’ - RTA that comes highly reviewed and the Smok Species v2 tank that’s coming out.
Hi John and welcome what strength is the nic shot? Because 30ml and a 18mg nic shot won't be making 3mg juice [emoji4]

I clicked on this thinking you were telling us you’re a uk football casual :D

Welcome!

Welcome aboard John. Good intro there as well. I think you'll like it here and find it a very useful resource.

hello there 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom