What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Innokin Sensis coil burning out within hours help!!

Gillylilly

Initiate
Bought an innokin Sensis the other week. Fantastic bit of kit I'm a MTL girl trying stop the stinky roll ups ..the 1st coil I got with it lasted just over a week 0.6 ( I have 4 vapes that I use throughout the day so not using it all the time) changing my coil (always prime them) the other day I used cherry bakewell double drip nic salt 10 mg in my tank had maybe 40 puffs that morning . Left it sitting went to work. Got maybe 30 more puffs of that then noticed the coil was burning out already.. Fast forward same thing happened again.. I used dinner lady nic salt 10 mg strawberry macaroon. Is it the nic salt and the coils or the dessert flavours?? I've gone through 3 coils in 2 days. They are burning out in hours. I'm using 0.65 coil should I be using free base e liquid on these? Any advice greatly appreciated

As @LordOdin strong chance sweeteners in the juice.

could be just a bad box of coils

could be that your watts are set too high for the coils

also if you haven’t used it for a few hours try setting off at a low wattage and slowly increasing it as your coils could have dried out and need to re prime then.

also check the pg vg of the juice I think your better ratio would be 50/50

Wattage?

are you using F0 mode?

I can use a sensis coil for weeks, so something isn't right.

Have you always used salts? They taste vile to me... so you could certainly try freebase.

Wattage?

are you using F0 mode?

I can use a sensis coil for weeks, so something isn't right.
Yes I use the FO mode watts set to 10 don't go past the recommended Watts. Loving the dinner lady desserts e liquid 50/50. I've bought so much e liquid looking for my all day vape, think I've found it and this happens it's really disappointing and I feel dishearten.

Have you always used salts? They taste vile to me... so you could certainly try freebase.
I use free base 6mg and nic salts at 10 mg use those for work really, I've found that the free base doesn't last as long when I can't get out for hours on end to get a nic hit. I find the taste fine tbh better then free base as it's more smooth. I don't like the throat hit. I'm going to buy dinner lady free base, and change my coil to 1. 2 see if that helps.

Try to avoid chain-vaping. Leave enough time for the liquid to get through the cotton in the coils between your puffs. Also, I see that the 0.65 S-coil is recommended for MTL, so try to keep your airflow quite closed down.

Yes I use the FO mode watts set to 10 don't go past the recommended Watts. Loving the dinner lady desserts e liquid 50/50. I've bought so much e liquid looking for my all day vape, think I've found it and this happens it's really disappointing and I feel dishearten.
Don’t get disheartened Gillylilly some one on here will come up with a solution. I know it is a bit early on your journey. But my advice would be to get into rebuilding your own coils. It will save you a fortune in the long run. My wife is a MTL and I make her the coils for her Protank at 1.5ohm and they last for months. So you’re 1.2 ohm coils might be the answer. But have a look into building. Don’t give up you will get there in the end.

Back
Top Bottom