What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Howdy folks, I bring the Doom!

Hi and welcome to the community. No experience of that mod unfortunately.

Ok not really. New to this site (naturally, hence this post) but been a vape kitten for a few years now. I've had many different vapeous apperatai over the years, some awesome, some only good for throwing at militant anti-smoking/vaping Nazis.. My main device at the moment is a good old ghetto fabulous Smok Baby Beast, and that f***er works like a champ, no matter how much i beat the crap out of it. Earlier today a neighbor gave me a V-Fin 160 mod with internal batteries, but when I plugged it in to charge I got a battery error message. Come to find out this is a disturbingly common problem, that no one seems to have found a solution to - the only suggestion I've come across is from a guy on Reddit who said he plugged his into an iPad charger (the block im assuming?) and it started working just fine after that and he got no more error messages, which it was speculated was because the iPad charger had a higher wattage and was able to "kick start" the battery. I don't have an iPad block so I haven't been able to try it. But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this? Fortunately I didn't pay for it so if it doesn't get fixed im not out anything, it's more annoying than anything else. Thanks everyone! Bring on the Doom!
I'm sorry to say with regards to the Smok V Fin.........throw it away.
I bought 3 of these last xmas for me and 1 each for my two sons because looking at the spec and for the price they were a steal.
4 of them worked when unboxed and 1 didn't, it said battery error. Sent that back and got a replacement.
Over the next few weeks, both my sons when to use them and the battery error showed. The batteries seemed to discharge beyond being able to be recharged.
The 3 I had, 2 off them did the same. 1 is working fine, no problems. 1 showed batter error so over the course of a week i plugged the charging cable in and out hundreds of times and managed to kick start the battery but even tho it works it's very temperamental.
The other one i tried doing this and nothing. I stripped it down to remove the batteries and they were both totally knackered. I did toy with fitting different batteries in it but gave up in disgust.
Edit......Welcome to the Planet.

I'm sorry to say with regards to the Smok V Fin.........throw it away.
I bought 3 of these last xmas for me and 1 each for my two sons because looking at the spec and for the price they were a steal.
4 of them worked when unboxed and 1 didn't, it said battery error. Sent that back and got a replacement.
Over the next few weeks, both my sons when to use them and the battery error showed. The batteries seemed to discharge beyond being able to be recharged.
The 3 I had, 2 off them did the same. 1 is working fine, no problems. 1 showed batter error so over the course of a week i plugged the charging cable in and out hundreds of times and managed to kick start the battery but even tho it works it's very temperamental.
The other one i tried doing this and nothing. I stripped it down to remove the batteries and they were both totally knackered. I did toy with fitting different batteries in it but gave up in disgust.
Edit......Welcome to the Planet.

Can't say I blame you giving up. Even if you put a decent battery in it, chances are the circuit board was also cheap and nasty too.

Can't say I blame you giving up. Even if you put a decent battery in it, chances are the circuit board was also cheap and nasty too.
A real shame really, on the face of it, I looked a good solid mod. I used the one that gave up the ghost non stop for about 2 months at it was good, battery lasted well then overnight it started playing up.
When I stripped it down to see if I could fit normal 18650 batteries, the ones in the mod were a really weird size, I would of needed a miracle to squeeze them in.
I did fiddle but then thought sod it lol.
Definitely must be one of the most faulty mods on the market, most people I've talked to about these have had similar problems.

I must admit I've only just started to really think about what goes into mods but having built a couple of PC's a mod is really just a battery and a circuit board.

I've long disliked built in batteries because when they go they invariably take out the whole device, particularly with phones where the batteries are almost impossible to replace. I bought a mod for my brother a few years back and it died after just 4 months. Now I only buy mods that take seperate batteries.

The circuit boards and chips will be the same, some good and some cheap and nasty, a bit like buying a motherboard, it's worth taking notice of which one you're getting.

I must admit I've only just started to really think about what goes into mods but having built a couple of PC's a mod is really just a battery and a circuit board.

I've long disliked built in batteries because when they go they invariably take out the whole device, particularly with phones where the batteries are almost impossible to replace. I bought a mod for my brother a few years back and it died after just 4 months. Now I only buy mods that take seperate batteries.

The circuit boards and chips will be the same, some good and some cheap and nasty, a bit like buying a motherboard, it's worth taking notice of which one you're getting.
90% of the time I buy external battery devices for that reason. My main reason for getting some internal battery mods was for when travelling abroad, I dont want to faff around taking spare batteries and charger away with me on a plane. Some have been really good like the istick 20, 30 and 80s.

Back
Top Bottom