What's new

Howdy folks, I bring the Doom!

DoomKiwi

Ok not really. New to this site (naturally, hence this post) but been a vape kitten for a few years now. I've had many different vapeous apperatai over the years, some awesome, some only good for throwing at militant anti-smoking/vaping Nazis.. My main device at the moment is a good old ghetto fabulous Smok Baby Beast, and that f***er works like a champ, no matter how much i beat the crap out of it. Earlier today a neighbor gave me a V-Fin 160 mod with internal batteries, but when I plugged it in to charge I got a battery error message. Come to find out this is a disturbingly common problem, that no one seems to have found a solution to - the only suggestion I've come across is from a guy on Reddit who said he plugged his into an iPad charger (the block im assuming?) and it started working just fine after that and he got no more error messages, which it was speculated was because the iPad charger had a higher wattage and was able to "kick start" the battery. I don't have an iPad block so I haven't been able to try it. But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this? Fortunately I didn't pay for it so if it doesn't get fixed im not out anything, it's more annoying than anything else. Thanks everyone! Bring on the Doom!

potv-ani-gif.210337

Hi @DoomKiwi and welcome to the planet.

soz but cant help with the mod error but hopefully some bright spark will be able to advise.

A tentative welcome... just don’t be bringing any of that Doom with ya, we don’t need none of that shit! :58: I’m warning you... the admin here watch out 24/7, and any and all cases of bringing-Doom are stamped on mercilessly :adminpower: Other than that, we’re all pretty chilled :tongue:

That said :welcome1:

Hi @DoomKiwi and :welcome1: to the planet. :)

That's the trouble with internal Li-on batteries. If they go wrong they take out the whole mod and they're bricked.

It could be simply that the battery hasn't been used in a long while and you may be able to kick start it by plugging it in few a few minutes, then leave it for a minute and then keep repeating it. Also maybe try different chargers and hopefully you can get some charge into it.

Failing that, you might also have some luck if you post your question in the section 'All Things Mod Making'. There are some excellent mod builders who look in there often and may be able to give you a bit more help because tearing down and building mods is their speciality.

Back
Top Bottom