POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, new here!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Alsing, Mar 12, 2019.

1. AJT

AJT Achiever

Hi Alsing I love the name..very Celtic and beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alsing

Alsing Initiate

Wow 1960s I am not sure I know of any 1960s rock :D was Elvis around then? My first tape was an Elvis 8track , my mom gave me when I was little. I like Roy Orbison and Elvis. I also like ministrel gypsy and everyone that sounds like them lol. I also like ac/dc and black sabbath! Nice to meet you :) I wonder if anyone will answer my questions about squonking. Maybe I should ask in another thread :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alsing

Alsing Initiate

Aw thank you! I am part mi’kmaq Native American and Alsing means “to fly” in my language. It’s actually one of my parrot’s names :)

Wela’lin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alsing

Alsing Initiate

Lol yeah he is very good at playing saxophone. It was the first instrument he learned as a child. Some of his favourites is Wayne shorter, miles Davis , frank zeppa, baby Huey. He actually plays over 9 instruments very well including piano , drums , guitars. It runs in his family, all his siblings play music. He is part Irish and his father and oldest brother were/are very good at violin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

Ah the Baby Huey album is a classic. He died early so I think that’s the only one he made. Great voice. So good taste in music and talented too. Sounds like you got a good one there. I always wanted to be a jazz drummer. Have a bit of a thing for Buddy Rich.

My OH doesn’t really like my music either and I’m not a fan of hers but she likes some of the crossover stuff so it’s all good.

6. AJT

AJT Achiever

Wow that’s brilliant..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alsing

Alsing Initiate

My boyfriend asks have you ever heard of Tony Williams or Elvin Jones? I actually enjoy baby huey as well, he did die really young, that’s why he only has one album :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

I know a few early Tony Williams things, quite a psychedelic bee-bop, free form jazz style. Not heard of Elvin Jones but will look him up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Deaf Vaper

Deaf Vaper Achiever

Not a squonker am i...i have my dignity! lol! :D

Post a query in the newbie questions section, underneath the newbies intros on the main menu page Alsing...plenty of sqounkers (I'll never get used to that term!), so someone knowlegable will come to your rescue soon! :)2

PS: Elvis started in 1950's with that classic Heartbreak Hotel! Survived the '60's, and died on the crapper in the 70's!

PSS: What's a jellyfish trick?!

#19 Deaf Vaper, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ObiWanVaponi

ObiWanVaponi Achiever

hello there 1.jpg

Nice intro. You are completely right, Metal is far superior to jazz, or indeed any other genre of music. :yourock:

I've just recently got into squonking and I MTL so probably not the best person to answer, but I must say I've never had any leaks or juice where it shouldn't be from any RDA/RTAs I've used for bottom feed - which cannot be said for all of my other standard tanks. I've taken leaky tanks to the next level. If its a tank, I'll make it leak.

Welcome. :yoda:

• Like Like x 1