What's new

Hi helpful people! Moving up in the vaping world...

Thanks so much for all that Asif. Plenty for me to think about.

With regards to the Pyro that yoy mentioned..what about it is the RDA aspect them? Am I right in thinking an RDA is where you have to continuously drip fluid onto the wick? What attributes is shared by the Pyro?

10 coils for that little, with each last week's, is territory I can only dream of atm. I don't know if its just age that's caused it but my Crown IV has started to devour coils at an alarming rage.. regardless of the juice.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll definitely be asking plenty more!

Rich
Hi Rich

Sorry for the delay in replying

You may find this link useful - https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/rdas-vs-rdtas-vs-rtas-vs-gennies/

it describes the various types of tanks available (its quite dated, but still quite relavant)

To answer your question, an RDTA (like the Pyro) IS an RDA that happens to have a tank below the build deck to 'feed' the wick.

With an RDA the build deck is on top of the tank, therefore no need for a chimney or some kind of chamber to the driptip (which would be required for an RTA) - so, in theory, the vapour has less distance to travel so arguably better flavour/cloud production etc

An RDTA is works on the same principal, but with the advantage of having a 'storage' tank

RDA's are not ideal for out and about vaping, as you would need to carry around the juice as well and also typically they would leak when not upright and in your pocket etc - but the RDTA overcomes both of those issues to a large extent (though tyically won't eliminate the leaking risk completely)

Hopefully the link will shed some more light

Asif

Last edited:
Hi @ RICHtea like @hack has already mentioned 2 good tanks I would go with Kylin M pro & yes they use mesh strips which are not that scary at all & there are plenty of posts on this site about wicking it right or if you do go for it & need help just chuck a post up asking for help & we can sort it out.

I agree, the Kylin M Pro is a great tank, and if wicked correctly gives a great vape. I must admit I did initially struggle with the wicking, but after a few times, you do get the hang of it

The mesh strips were also easy to install - However, I did find this tank was a real juice guzzler. I could not believe how quickly the tank emptied, but that could have been down to my poor wicking technique

Hi Rich

Sorry for the delay in replying

You may find this link useful - https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/rdas-vs-rdtas-vs-rtas-vs-gennies/

it describes the various types of tanks available (its quite dated, but still quite relavant)

To answer your question, an RDTA (like the Pyro) IS an RDA that happens to have a tank below the build deck to 'feed' the wick.

With an RDA the build deck is on top of the tank, therefore no need for a chimney or some kind of chamber to the driptip (which would be required for an RTA) - so, in theory, the vapour has less distance to travel so arguably better flavour/cloud production etc

An RDTA is works on the same principal, but with the advantage of having a 'storage' tank

RDA's are not ideal for out and about vaping, as you would need to carry around the juice as well and also typically they would leak when not upright and in your pocket etc - but the RDTA overcomes both of those issues to a large extent (though tyically won't eliminate the leaking risk completely)

Hopefully the link will shed some more light

Asif

So interesting. I've looked at the different types..why knew?! Not me
It seems the RDTA's are decreasing in popularity, or maybe they have done and are coming back. For what seems like an ideal 'mesh' (wink wink) of both styles, why do less people like it than you would think? Is that so due to some of them having leaking issues? For me, who gets fed up refilling every half an hour..squonkinh at rdta seems perfect on paper!

Rich

Personally it's down to you, when I'm looking for new stuff I use here and YouTube. Many reviews so you can get an idea on size, functionality and a little tutorial. My easiest build was the Thunderhead Artemis single top coiler. Brilliant flavour and the easiest clamp process. No messing with 2 screws, just 1 did both posts. For a mod, there are so many to choose from. Do you want to stick to a dual battery mod? I don't think devices have progressed much so maybe worth a look seeing what is in the clearance/sale sections.

It seems the RDTA's are decreasing in popularity, or maybe they have done and are coming back. For what seems like an ideal 'mesh' (wink wink) of both styles, why do less people like it than you would think? Is that so due to some of them having leaking issues? For me, who gets fed up refilling every half an hour..squonkinh at rdta seems perfect on paper!

Rich
As long as you get a decent size tank for capacity, if you want big, maybe try the steamcrave advanced versions that come with all decks. Then you can choose which you prefer. Also have larger capacity for juice

Rich

I don't really know why the RDTA has fallen out of favour in recent times. Personally, i think its great concept and I certainly regularly use mine. I guess it could be argued that the wicking is a tad more critical to avoid leaks or dry hits, but again not something that has been an issue for me.

...and squonking indeed works well with and RDTA - which is exactly how i use mine :)

I guess you will find (probably over a very short time), you will get the rebuildable bug and collect all types of tanks and use different tanks (and mods) for different situations.

For example, at given time I have the following on the go/ready

- Squonk mod, with RDTA and RDA
- Regulated mod with RTA for DTL vaping, plus a an RTAs specifically for MTL
- Pod mod with stock coils (and even RBA) for the discrete vape
- Boro Compatible mod (and 3 or 4 bridges) - just recently got into these - for MTL vaping of NET Tobacco liquid

these are all ready and prepped for vaping

Then there's the vape cupboard!,- which will have the same number of mods/tanks again :) I have stopped counting now (because its too depressing), but I at the last count, I had

12 mods of various types
22 tanks of various varieties

....and I have recently added to that

Hi @RICHtea I was mainly Sub Ohm/ Rebuildable ofc but recently i have switch back to MTL (The way i vaped when i first quit smoking) I have 3 MTL and 2 DTL in my Rotation. Building your own can be a bit daunting at first but once you get into the swing of it the money you save (supposed to save) outweighs the stress you might suffer. Good Luck with it all and look forward to your Vape Journey, keep us updated.

Personally it's down to you, when I'm looking for new stuff I use here and YouTube. Many reviews so you can get an idea on size, functionality and a little tutorial. My easiest build was the Thunderhead Artemis single top coiler. Brilliant flavour and the easiest clamp process. No messing with 2 screws, just 1 did both posts. For a mod, there are so many to choose from. Do you want to stick to a dual battery mod? I don't think devices have progressed much so maybe worth a look seeing what is in the clearance/sale sections.
Thanks for your reply!
In terms of a MOD, that was something I was wondering..if things had progressed..more powerful single batteries maybe. But as you say they haven't really then I would probably stick with a dual one. It's their size that can be annoying. I'd read that the smok r kiss is thr smallest dual battery mod. I don't know if this is still true, or indeed if everyone thinks its a decent mod. But that's probably the most important thing for me..a small dual.
That said, I see a lot of people have a smaller mod for when they're not at home, so I might opt for that course of action

I don't really know why the RDTA has fallen out of favour in recent times. Personally, i think its great concept and I certainly regularly use mine. I guess it could be argued that the wicking is a tad more critical to avoid leaks or dry hits, but again not something that has been an issue for me.

...and squonking indeed works well with and RDTA - which is exactly how i use mine :)

I guess you will find (probably over a very short time), you will get the rebuildable bug and collect all types of tanks and use different tanks (and mods) for different situations.

For example, at given time I have the following on the go/ready

- Squonk mod, with RDTA and RDA
- Regulated mod with RTA for DTL vaping, plus a an RTAs specifically for MTL
- Pod mod with stock coils (and even RBA) for the discrete vape
- Boro Compatible mod (and 3 or 4 bridges) - just recently got into these - for MTL vaping of NET Tobacco liquid

these are all ready and prepped for vaping

Then there's the vape cupboard!,- which will have the same number of mods/tanks again :) I have stopped counting now (because its too depressing), but I at the last count, I had

12 mods of various types
22 tanks of various varieties

....and I have recently added to that
Haha! Wow that's ee collection
I'm surprised that you go mtl and dtl, as I just assumed that people did one of the other and that, with dtl, once you'd discovered this method of vaping, it would be difficult to go back. I assumed moving between the two would perhaps make one cough, or that mtl just wouldn't hit the spot anymore. I assume that your nicotine levels change depending on what mod/tank/vaping method you're going for?
As you say, i can really see it becoming a major hobby for me and its great to have the experience if you guys to help along the way

Hi @RICHtea I was mainly Sub Ohm/ Rebuildable ofc but recently i have switch back to MTL (The way i vaped when i first quit smoking) I have 3 MTL and 2 DTL in my Rotation. Building your own can be a bit daunting at first but once you get into the swing of it the money you save (supposed to save) outweighs the stress you might suffer. Good Luck with it all and look forward to your Vape Journey, keep us updated.
Hey Odin, thanks for your reply.
It's interesting you should say that, because I've been considering going back to mtl recently. Mainly because of how often I'm vaping and therefore, how any coils and bottles of liquid I get through.
I was thinking of increasing the nicotine level of my juices and going to mtl. I figured that would result in me vaping less.
Another issue is constantly living in a cloud! My house looks like it's permanently on fire! Not a massive issue, just a bit annoying sometimes. I suppose a fan is always an option!
Another point that you've clarified for me, is that people do still use rebuildables when opting for mtl then? I thought it was primarily dtl vapers. What sort of kit do you have then?

Back
Top Bottom