What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Hi helpful people! Moving up in the vaping world...

The Crown 4 is a good tank, I did like it when I used to use stock coils. I tend to vape at a much lower wattage than recommended by the manufacturer, and I was getting a good week or more out of a coil. I'd be hitting the 0.4ohm coil at around the 35W mark.

Just to clarify, the Crown 4 is the Tank. It's what holds the coil and juice.
The Mod is the device that provides the power. You screw the tank into it :)

Don't worry, lots of confusing terms, you're doing really well with your questions. As you were asking about devices, what are you currently using with your Crown 4?

Sorry maybe I should have clarified. I'm using the crown 4 mod too.., in so far as, the mod that they sell with the tank ‍♂️

Sorry maybe I should have clarified. I'm using the crown 4 mod too.., in so far as, the mod that they sell with the tank ‍♂️

Sorry, me being dumb :) To be fair, that mod is going to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I'd just look at an RTA to start off with.

RTA's are no more or less thirsty than a stock-coiler @RICHtea, it all comes down to how you set them up.. If go for single, simple round wire coils you won't use much juice, but if you go for some exotic dual-coil affairs then the world's your oyster.

The beauty of RTA's is that you do whatever you want with them, providing you're on the right platform.

Hi @RICHtea! Welcome to the Planet.

..and welcome to the world of rebuildables - its opens so many options, which can be blessing and a curse :)

To comment on a couple of questions you have asked:

- I am also a big fan of the Crown IV Tank and still use it today, when I don't fancy rebuilding an RTA. A RTA tank that i found gave me very similar vape to the Crown IV stock coills was/is the Pyro by VandyVape - at iteration v4 now, though I use the V3. This is actually hybrid of an RTA and RDA (called RDTA) - so has some of the benefits of the RDA (i.e. coil closer to mouthpiece, so arguablly better for flavour), but at the same time has a tank, so you don't have to drip

If found this easy to build on and wick and would consider quite a decent tank to start your rebuildable journey - but that said, the choice of RTAs is endless!

With regards to coils, I would suggest just buying premade ones to start - that way you can experiment with different types until one takes your fancy, then you could consider coiling your own - but too be honest, I personally can't be bothered, faffing around with wire and coiling rigs (though I already have the gear) - and they won't break the bank. 10x coils could be as cheap as £3-4 and each coil will last you many weeks

of course, you will need cotton wicks (lots to choose from, and everyone has their favourite - I would say try a few different ones until you come across one you prefer)

Whilst regulated mods will measure your coil resistance, I would strongly suggest that you invest in a coil resistance tester, so you can build and test your coil before putting on a mod

This leads me to Ohms Law, you really do need to read up on this side of things to make sure you are building safely

For example, if you build dual coil setup with two 0.4 Ohm coils - your final resistance would/should register 0.2 Ohms (essentially, adding identical coils in parrallel, means the final resistance will be half of the individual coil) - this catches out a lot people (and can be dangerous if your mod/battery cannot cope)

good luck on your journey and continue to ask questions

Asif

Sorry, me being dumb :) To be fair, that mod is going to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I'd just look at an RTA to start off with.
It's actually playing up a bit..it's temperamental when firing, so I'm looking at a new mod too.

RTA's are no more or less thirsty than a stock-coiler @RICHtea, it all comes down to how you set them up.. If go for single, simple round wire coils you won't use much juice, but if you go for some exotic dual-coil affairs then the world's your oyster.

The beauty of RTA's is that you do whatever you want with them, providing you're on the right platform.
Great advice..thanks!

Hi @RICHtea! Welcome to the Planet.

..and welcome to the world of rebuildables - its opens so many options, which can be blessing and a curse :)

To comment on a couple of questions you have asked:

- I am also a big fan of the Crown IV Tank and still use it today, when I don't fancy rebuilding an RTA. A RTA tank that i found gave me very similar vape to the Crown IV stock coills was/is the Pyro by VandyVape - at iteration v4 now, though I use the V3. This is actually hybrid of an RTA and RDA (called RDTA) - so has some of the benefits of the RDA (i.e. coil closer to mouthpiece, so arguablly better for flavour), but at the same time has a tank, so you don't have to drip

If found this easy to build on and wick and would consider quite a decent tank to start your rebuildable journey - but that said, the choice of RTAs is endless!

With regards to coils, I would suggest just buying premade ones to start - that way you can experiment with different types until one takes your fancy, then you could consider coiling your own - but too be honest, I personally can't be bothered, faffing around with wire and coiling rigs (though I already have the gear) - and they won't break the bank. 10x coils could be as cheap as £3-4 and each coil will last you many weeks

of course, you will need cotton wicks (lots to choose from, and everyone has their favourite - I would say try a few different ones until you come across one you prefer)

Whilst regulated mods will measure your coil resistance, I would strongly suggest that you invest in a coil resistance tester, so you can build and test your coil before putting on a mod

This leads me to Ohms Law, you really do need to read up on this side of things to make sure you are building safely

For example, if you build dual coil setup with two 0.4 Ohm coils - your final resistance would/should register 0.2 Ohms (essentially, adding identical coils in parrallel, means the final resistance will be half of the individual coil) - this catches out a lot people (and can be dangerous if your mod/battery cannot cope)

good luck on your journey and continue to ask questions

Asif
Thanks so much for all that Asif. Plenty for me to think about.

With regards to the Pyro that yoy mentioned..what about it is the RDA aspect them? Am I right in thinking an RDA is where you have to continuously drip fluid onto the wick? What attributes is shared by the Pyro?

10 coils for that little, with each last week's, is territory I can only dream of atm. I don't know if its just age that's caused it but my Crown IV has started to devour coils at an alarming rage.. regardless of the juice.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll definitely be asking plenty more!

Rich

Hi @ RICHtea like @hack has already mentioned 2 good tanks I would go with Kylin M pro & yes they use mesh strips which are not that scary at all & there are plenty of posts on this site about wicking it right or if you do go for it & need help just chuck a post up asking for help & we can sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom