What's new

Hello!

Joy M. Willett

I have a question regarding vaping! My lips have been burning and being really chapped, i could use some help!

Hi @Joy M. Willett and welcome to the planet

as said, we need more info.
how long you been vaping and what kit is it and how long using this kit.
what wattage are you running at as some high wattage tanks get very hot around the mouthpiece and certainly can dry out your lips or sort of chap them but burning, hmm not sure about that.
my crown 2 i run at 50watts and if i chain vape the metal mouthpiece does get very hot so i just let it cool down before i use it again.

Welcome. The dryness could be dehydration, it's important to keep hydrated, especially when vaping.

No idea on the burning, maybe you're getting e-liquid spitting onto your cracked lips causing it to sting?

If the drip tip is getting hot pick up a Delrin drip tip or a Delrin drip tip insulator, also when drawing make sure your lips aren't touching the top of the tank/RDA as that will get hot. If it's not the tip getting hot then as above let us know what device and settings you're using.

*And welcome to the forum. :)

Hi and welcome. All good advice above but more info required.

Welcome to the Planet, and i have to say that's a new one to me, could be the heat or an allergic reaction to whatever juice your using, can't think of anything else apart from what's already been said above.

Hello and welcome. As above, more info required. And some good advice above too. I experienced some burning on my lips and my lips got very dry when I first started vaping. I also experienced some small areas of blistering in my mouth. I'm mouth to lung and like 50/50 liquids. There's probably a few reasons for my experience but I put a lot of it down to the following:
1. The drip tip - I use much longer tips now and acrylic or similar material - I wouldn't use stainless steel or the really short ones that come with some kit
2. Vaping style - initially I was drawing on the tip like I would a cigarette. I found that if you let the e-cig do the work and don't do any sucking then you get a calmer vape and less burning
3. Lower wattage - I don't go above 13w now and usually keep around 11 or 12. This stops the liquid getting too hot and spitting which can happen with some gear

There's probs a few other things which I've adjusted as I went along. Hope you find some answers.
Angela

:hello:and :welcome1:to he planet.
Sorry i cant give you any advice has i never come across this before it could be that you are not drinking water i tend to get dry lips when vaping if i dont drink but as for the burning and cracked lips iam sorry i dont no hope you get it sorted so you can start too enjoy your vape.

Hi Joy M. Willett and :welcome1: to the planet. :)

The only time I've come across this is with sub ohm tanks on high wattage if you make the mistake of partially covering the drip tip hole with your lips instead of placing your lips around the outside of the drip tip.

With sub ohm tanks, when the vapour emerges from the drip tip it's really hot but it cools immediately when it meets the cold air in your mouth. As long as you place your lips around the outside of the drip tip properly you just get a lovely, slightly warm vape.

I remember my brother was slightly nervous at first and he was putting his lips in front of the hole, partially blocking the vapour with his lips so it burnt him until I explained what he was doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom