What's new

Hello from across the pond

Yeah, y'all are some pretty awesome folks, once we get used to your humor and learn to understand ya

Well, i'm actually a welsh lad, not an aussie...i just like their laid back, no nonesense attitude to life!

Any country that can get away with labelling a packet of beef jerky like this..is cool in my book...

Say it in an aussie accent, sounds better!

images.jpg

Didn't Jeremy Clarkson nibble on these, in an episode of Top Gear?

Welcome LionessVaporess lady. One day the whole world will speak Australian. Just wait n see. Below is an Aussie Education chart to help you..
View attachment 190829
When my brother lived down under, on a visit to him he had to pick me up from the airport in a taxi as his ute was cactus??
We also stopped off at the bottle-o on the way back to get some stubbys (must say VB is very nice)
He also said Brahma instead of good, but think that was just a local thing

When my brother lived down under, on a visit to him he had to pick me up from the airport in a taxi as his ute was cactus??
We also stopped off at the bottle-o on the way back to get some stubbys (must say VB is very nice)
He also said Brahma instead of good, but think that was just a local thing
:18: Yep, something being cactus is still widely used, completely stuffed. Yeah VB is pretty good. Actually like all those that the CUB makes. Carlton United Brewery.
Never heard Brahma being used though, no drama = all good, but not Brahma, yeah was for sure a local word use. Has been some odd words used over the years for a short time. "Gators Mate" back in the 80's meant real good. Haven't heard it used in years though. Same as "Globe" came and went, meaning not very bright and "Stocker" just average nothing special. Im still trying without much effect to introduce Poffing as something wonderful. :sleepy:

:18: Yep, something being cactus is still widely used, completely stuffed. Yeah VB is pretty good. Actually like all those that the CUB makes. Carlton United Brewery.
Never heard Brahma being used though, no drama = all good, but not Brahma, yeah was for sure a local word use. Has been some odd words used over the years for a short time. "Gators Mate" back in the 80's meant real good. Haven't heard it used in years though. Same as "Globe" came and went, meaning not very bright and "Stocker" just average nothing special. Im still trying without much effect to introduce Poffing as something wonderful. :sleepy:
He was well into surfing, the other 2 things he used to say was 'speed bumps' for the body boarders and 'shark biscuits' for the swimmers
Bit harsh I thought [emoji16]

He was well into surfing, the other 2 things he used to say was 'speed bumps' for the body boarders and 'shark biscuits' for the swimmers
Bit harsh I thought [emoji16]
:18: Yeah those sound right.

Back
Top Bottom