What's new

~Hello all!~ :)

Hus

Initiate
:hello::newhere:

Hey everyone thought I'd introduce myself I'm Hus been vaping for about a year now never really been a cig smoker but have always smoked shisha/hookah always had a sweet tooth so I'm a BIG flavour chaser have mainly been using SMOK kits/tanks but have grown my collection to other tanks and kits too. I'm currently looking into rda's and rta's but always seem to have problems with them especially in terms of flavour not sure if I am doing something wrong I have a few questions which I am hoping some of you could help me with any help would be much appreciated:

• I've used Smok for a while now and every tank I have tried even when it comes to rda's and rta's none ever seem to put out as much flavour am I doing something wrong or is Smok more or less top of the line when it comes to flavour?
  • Rda's/Rta's - Is it normal to get a slightly strange taste when using them? I can never get the full flavour from the juices I am using and I have no idea why or if I am doing something wrong because of this. At first I thought it could be the coils so I tried different brands/types and I still get this weird taste but I have no idea why. Any ideas what it could be?
I also do quite a bit of photography and now that I have a much larger collection of kits/tanks/juices will be posting regular pics of anything vaping related so be sure to look out for those! :)2

~Hus~

Hi @Hus
Re Smok no they are not in the same league for flavour as RDA/RTA's.
If you post some pictures of your RDA/RTA builds you will get some pointers on how to improve on flavour so long as the kit you have is upto the job.
Hi and welcome btw

Welcome to the Planet. I am not a Smok fan and can only agree there’s much more to be found flavorwise.
I wonder where that strange taste in your rta/rda’s is coming from. I suppose you clean them before first use to get rid of any machine oil residue? Maybe it’s your wicking material? What do you use?

@StrawberryRipple
Thanks for letting me know I still cant seem to get a better flavour from the ones I own I have added some pics of my Rta's and Rda's as well as coils I use and the cotton I use. I rebuilt quite a few of them today using different coils.

@instantlady
Hi thanks for the welcome. Yes I do clean them I have added pics of what I use including the cotton I use please see pics attached.

photostudio_1517780694242.jpg photostudio_1517780557149.jpg

Attachments

• photostudio_1517779495916.jpg
    photostudio_1517779495916.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 177
  • photostudio_1517780755010.jpg
    photostudio_1517780755010.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 151
  • photostudio_1517780505965.jpg
    photostudio_1517780505965.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 162
  • photostudio_1517780626317.jpg
    photostudio_1517780626317.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum [emoji106]

What sort of power and ohms do you run?
What’s the pg % of the juice?
I’m sitting at .2 ohms with between 50-70 watts depending on juice, in 5 different rda’s this seems to work best for me
The builds look clean and wicking looks ok so that’s all I can think of

@mk2kompressor

Hi thanks for the welcome :)2... I'm experimenting with different power and ohms to find the right balance to get the most out of it at the moment have mainly been using .3 to .8 ohms at various wattage's to try and find what gives the best flavour I usually start off at a low wattage and work my way up but dont want to burn coils/cotton so taking my time with it nothing extremely high though... the pg % of the juices I use are 30% and 40%.

Do you tend to use more dual coil or single coils with your rda's? what have you found to be better in terms of flavour? ... I will try a .2 build at the wattage you stated sometime this week and see if that's any better thanks.

Always dual coil, kanthal Clapton.
I tried ss in all the fancy twists and turns but it just seems to taste a bit off after a few tanks, I vape sweet stuff so maybe the kanthal just doesn’t black up as quick.
I’m on 80/20 pg/vg also.
Does your mod have a ramp up or start power?
If so it could be set too high

Actually, in your coil packs pic you have in the top left some .4’s
2 of those will give you roughly .2 (mine is usually .23) I’d build them into the digi flavour tank and try it

@mk2kompressor

Awesome thanks for the tips much appreciated mate... tried them all on different mods but now that I have used them more it seems like the taste is much better still dont seem to get as much of a flavour compared to the Smok tanks I own though which is strange since most people I ask say rda's and rta's always give the best flavour but will try out what you stated above got another tank through the post today so will most likely try it on that

Back
Top Bottom