What's new

Greetings!

Thx for all the welcomes guys. So, not knowing what I’m doing, I bought an Eleaf I stick 50W. I have an aspire tank on it, put some .6 juice in it and proceeded to cough my lungs out for about an hour!!! lol. Doesn’t seem to matter what setting I try, it produces hardly any cloud and burns my throat like he’ll. It is a second hand unit but I put in a new coil, could the unit be shot maybe???

Isticks are great mods but the 50 did have some issues with miss firing.
Anyway what coil have you got in the tank and at what wattage on screen. Or is it showing voltage.
If you can post a picture it would help as one coil might be best at 10watts while another one is best at 30watts buy they both look the same.
Each coil should have a range written on the side of each coil. For instance if it is a nautilus coil then the 1.8 will show 9-15w and the 0.7 coil 18-23w. Go over them and the coil will burn out very quick and then it needs a new one. Once burnt taste it's dead and ready for the bin.

Isticks are great mods but the 50 did have some issues with miss firing.
Anyway what coil have you got in the tank and at what wattage on screen. Or is it showing voltage.
If you can post a picture it would help as one coil might be best at 10watts while another one is best at 30watts buy they both look the same.
Each coil should have a range written on the side of each coil. For instance if it is a nautilus coil then the 1.8 will show 9-15w and the 0.7 coil 18-23w. Go over them and the coil will burn out very quick and then it needs a new one. Once burnt taste it's dead and ready for the bin.
Thx for the advice, will check it out and try to post pics later.:2thumbsup:

Thx for all the welcomes guys. So, not knowing what I’m doing, I bought an Eleaf I stick 50W. I have an aspire tank on it, put some .6 juice in it and proceeded to cough my lungs out for about an hour!!! lol. Doesn’t seem to matter what setting I try, it produces hardly any cloud and burns my throat like he’ll. It is a second hand unit but I put in a new coil, could the unit be shot maybe???

Welcome to the forum )

What Nicotine strength are you using?

What I have found with customers that say it is harsh or feel like their breath is being taken away that usually the nicotine strength is too high for them or they are PG intolerant.

You have a couple of options, lower the nic strength (or try nic salts) and get used to vaping first or if it is an intolerance try a juice with higher VG content, for a Nautilus 2 I wouldn't go crazy but try a 60VG/40PG juice.

It's all something we all figure when we started, I also recommend that you do not hold the button down before you draw on the tank, you may not do that but I have seen it many times and it makes it harsh or too hot for some people.

Welcome to the forum )

What Nicotine strength are you using?

What I have found with customers that say it is harsh or feel like their breath is being taken away that usually the nicotine strength is too high for them or they are PG intolerant.

You have a couple of options, lower the nic strength (or try nic salts) and get used to vaping first or if it is an intolerance try a juice with higher VG content, for a Nautilus 2 I wouldn't go crazy but try a 60VG/40PG juice.

It's all something we all figure when we started, I also recommend that you do not hold the button down before you draw on the tank, you may not do that but I have seen it many times and it makes it harsh or too hot for some people.
Hi, nic is .6, juice is 80/20 VG/PG. Been looking at Smok Aliens, may invest so I know it’s new from the start if you get what I mean?!

80Vg will struggle in quite a lot of tanks as this ratio is best used in drippers.
if you are using any coil with a high number like 1.8, 1.6, 1.5, 1.2 then these are best at much lower wattage and as i said above it should be written on the side of the coil. saying that not all of them have this info so if we knew the tank and coil you was using we could advise straight away.

if the coil number is low number like 0.2, 0.25, 0.5 then these are for much higher wattage and depending on make it can vary from 30watts upto 100watts.

tbh i would stear clear of smok as they have flooded the market and their QC has dropped a lot.
have a look on post 5 of this list for our hardware suppliers and see if there is anything apart from smok you like the look of POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

80Vg will struggle in quite a lot of tanks as this ratio is best used in drippers.
if you are using any coil with a high number like 1.8, 1.6, 1.5, 1.2 then these are best at much lower wattage and as i said above it should be written on the side of the coil. saying that not all of them have this info so if we knew the tank and coil you was using we could advise straight away.

if the coil number is low number like 0.2, 0.25, 0.5 then these are for much higher wattage and depending on make it can vary from 30watts upto 100watts.

tbh i would stear clear of smok as they have flooded the market and their QC has dropped a lot.
have a look on post 5 of this list for our hardware suppliers and see if there is anything apart from smok you like the look of POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
Tank is an “aspire Cleito EXO”, coil reads “0.4 ohms (40-60w)”. So that means my istick needs to run on max and should be ok ?! Thx for the heads up on Smok, done some digging and not the best reviews at all!!

Tank is an “aspire Cleito EXO”, coil reads “0.4 ohms (40-60w)”. So that means my istick needs to run on max and should be ok ?! Thx for the heads up on Smok, done some digging and not the best reviews at all!!
it might be a good idea not to run it at the full 50watts. like any mod you will need some headroom. if it vapes ok at 40watt i would stick to that but no more than say 42watt.
the harsness on the throat could be the 6mg as most of us who use low ohm coils use 3mg low nic juice.
if you have just given up and need the higher nicotine then a mouth to lung tank would be better with 12-18mg nic at 10-12watts. something like the nautilus 2 tank with 1.8ohm coil.

Back
Top Bottom