What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Get Vape Residue off my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to this for me except we've got microfiber cloths for glass (they're almost like a silky finish as opposed to the pile finish on a regular microfibre, and the finish on each side is slightly different) I dip one in hot soapy water, wring it out and clean the telly, dry and buff with the other one. My telly doesn't really suffer from vape residue, more small handprints etc from the kids, but the windows are bad for it in winter and these cloths are absolutely brilliant for cleaning glass (as you'd expect as that's what they're designed for - I've not used window cleaner since we got them, hot water with a bit of fairy does a better job on windows/mirrors/car windows/telly to me, and no streaks)
Before those I used baby wipes and toilet paper/soft kitchen roll to dry, and a buff with a standard microfibre on the telly.
Lol. I use a silky, to finish too. It comes in a pack with two types, for a £ at the local chemist. The complete screen cleaning kit.

I use Blaupunkt TV and lap top screen cleaner from B and M stores works a treat.

750AA325-964E-4482-8DEE-3356102A19CE.jpeg
Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner 250ml with Fine Microfibre cloth

www.amazon.co.uk/Ecomoist-Natural-Microfiber-Computer-Friendly/dp/B00DX7EXZK

- don't spray any liquid directly onto the screen
- don't use alcohol or ammonia based
- use a microfibre cloth
- turn it off , blow dust off with air duster
- wipe with cloth side to side or up and down
- if it needs more, wipe with damp cloth using distilled water or 50:50 distilled water : white vinegar.
- decide to not vape directly at the TV even though you're facing it and then forget this decision 24 hours later and keep vaping until it needs cleaning again.

https://www.howtogeek.com/170080/the-how-to-geek-guide-to-cleaning-your-lcd-monitor-screen/

Microfibre cloth and a little spit, wouldn't put washing up liquid or chemicals near it, it is precious to me.

Why don't you use professional help? There are many cleaning services in the UK where you could hire a professional cleaner and clean the whole house. At least I do that.

I use Dr Magic, Ultimate Screen Cleaner, it's a 200 mil bottle and it's great stuff, i have had mine about 4 or 5 years so don't know if it's available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom