What's new

Get Vape Residue off my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bru34

Initiate
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the best product to use to get vape residue off my TV, i am a heavy valet and my TV has a fancy screen so don’t want to use window spray on it. Is there any special type of cloth that I could use or a special spray. I have also noticed it on my Windows now and my skirtings on my alcoves are sticky. Thanks in advance

a bit of glass cleaner shouild do the trick pour it on the cloth insead of spraying on the tv

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the best product to use to get vape residue off my TV, i am a heavy valet and my TV has a fancy screen so don’t want to use window spray on it. Is there any special type of cloth that I could use or a special spray. I have also noticed it on my Windows now and my skirtings on my alcoves are sticky. Thanks in advance
I use the same system as before I vaped. A very tiny amount of washing up liquid on a damp microfibres cloth. Then wipe the screen with only fresh water, warm, water and a cloth. You follow this up with a dry microfibres cloth and careful screen polishing.. If you time it right. You've a clean no smear screen in 5min.

I usually use PC LCD screen cleaner but it's probably overkill and exactly the same stuff as glass cleaner tbh. You can get cleaners specifically for TVs etc though.

Isopropyl alcochol will do the job without damaging your screen. I use it on my laptop, phone, specs and TV all the time. Available from most chemists and eBay.

The foam type car window cleaner is fantastic and really cheap. My misses has ditched all her other glass cleaners for windows and just uses my car one now. Like Big cloud said, spray it on the cloth first.
Welcome aboard too.

I use the same system as before I vaped. A very tiny amount of washing up liquid on a damp microfibres cloth. Then wipe the screen with only fresh water, warm, water and a cloth. You follow this up with a dry microfibres cloth and careful screen polishing.. If you time it right. You've a clean no smear screen in 5min.
Similar to this for me except we've got microfiber cloths for glass (they're almost like a silky finish as opposed to the pile finish on a regular microfibre, and the finish on each side is slightly different) I dip one in hot soapy water, wring it out and clean the telly, dry and buff with the other one. My telly doesn't really suffer from vape residue, more small handprints etc from the kids, but the windows are bad for it in winter and these cloths are absolutely brilliant for cleaning glass (as you'd expect as that's what they're designed for - I've not used window cleaner since we got them, hot water with a bit of fairy does a better job on windows/mirrors/car windows/telly to me, and no streaks)
Before those I used baby wipes and toilet paper/soft kitchen roll to dry, and a buff with a standard microfibre on the telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom