What's new

Felicitations!

I'ved bumped up me intro thread - (it took me fecking ages to find it again!!)...cos i is not a newbie...it's me 1st anniversary today.... Wahay! 1 year since i gave the cancer sticks the spanish archer..and good riddance to them!

As stipulated on my OP, i have set out and achieved what i intended to do. I now have a collection of reg'd and mech epipes, including the old Cherrywood bowl i had knocking around for decades, fully converted. And for this year, I have begun to expand me vaping experience by going down the rebuildables rabbit hole.

The longest time i ever abstained from smoking, was shortly after me old man passed away from smoking related cancer, 21 years ago. I managed almost 9 months, back then. 1st of March last year, is when i smoked my last fag..and haven't looked back since...don't even think about them anymore. Best thing i ever did was taking up vaping, something of which i had previously thought it to be nothing more than a fad, and now wished i took it up sooner. No doubt..i will expand my knowledge & experience as i continue along my vaping journey.

Having not spent a lot over the last 6 months or so...i'm having a bit of splurge presently...to get myself headed in the direction of where i wish to go, mainly MTL RTAs & epipes..and maybe a couple more compact box mods for the odd sub tank i use too.

This month has been a busy one for me..i've now put together a rudimentary tool kit and consumables for those RTAs. Bought some new and classic RTA tanks to try out, which so far include a Siren 2 (leaks a bit, but a nice performer. Edit: have now cured the leaking issues), the cute Doggystyle on loan from Rew, the Serpent Mini, that Stu of vapesmarter included with the utterly gorgeous Musgrave mech pipe, & Coppervape Penodat RTA, plus another Coppervape, the Ubertoot UTA2 clone, is also on it's way to me...it's old school, but been wanting to try that one out.... and i've forgotten the rest.

I've a list other tanks i wish to also try someday...the Kayfun Mini, The Kylin, Ehpro True, maybe that wee Dwarw that Rew loves so much..and there'll no doubt be others.

That of course, is on top of the stock coil tanks & subs i'm still using as well. Got quite a few of the evergreen Nautiluses, two minis, the X, the 2 and that Quadflex kit, which i've still yet to try out. Plus a Aspire Triton Mini, a Kangertech Aero & Mini (not tried yet), & of the subby, just one Uwell Crown SE1 tank in daily use..love that one, but do also have one of it's cousins too, the Rafale, not in use yet, cos i still gotta get that useless twisty spitback thing out first.

And there are several other tanks that i haven't bothered with..mostly high power Smok sub RTAs & a RBA, not my thing..so they'll be going in a giveaway very soon..once i've got me act together, plus a Smok mod i haven't used.

My collection of mods and epipes as it is currently:

• Aspire Zelos 50w mod (mid Feb 2018) - The one that succeeded, where all NRPs failed! My 1st purchase with the venerable Nauty 2 tank. Still in daily use & I credit this one for helping me extend my life...hopefully! :51:
  • Aspire Typhon 100w (late Feb '18) - bought as a back up, it hasn't been used as much, but that'll change soon..as i have a few 'new to me tanks' to try out soon.
  • Tesla Steampunk Nano 120w (Mar '18) - chuffing love this one...so much so, that i've just ordered the baby 85w Punk to go with it. Use this one for the Crown sub tank.
  • My 1st epipe! The Kamry K1000 plus (early Apr '18), Bought from Petersham's pipes, this is never far from me..it's used everday. It's cute, simple as can be..and it self supports itself..what more d'ya need?
  • Coolfire 1 mech tube mod (sometime last spring) - Classified's purchase, not used till now..cos i didn't have any 18350 batteries for it. But i have now..so it'll be pressed into service soon. Looks like a Doctor Who Sonic screwdriver!
  • Hcigar VT133 mod - Classifieds purchase, it was okay until that 510 pin got well and truely stuck...hopefully the extremely helpful POTV member Joe Clay will sort it out! Take note newbies, that's the level of generosity and help one can find in here.
  • Then, not a lot happen for half a year..cos health issues got in the way, i spent much of the summer and Autumn in & out of hospital after enduring 3 strokes in quick sucession..plus needed an emergency surgery to remove a potentially dangerous blood clot out of me left lung. Thankfully..that's all in the past now, with any luck. I'm pretty much near enough as can be recovered, but the left side of me body will never be quite as fluid as it once was.
  • 2nd Kamry K1000 plus pipe bowl (Dec '18) - currently sporting rew's Doggystyle on it..and a very nice smoooth vape it is!
    icon_puffy.gif
  • Smok Guardian 40w epipe (Feb 2nd '19) - Now discontinued, but a chance look in the bargains section, a store selling them at half price..so had to have one..cos it's a reg pipe. In use everyday..it's not bad...but haven't used the Helmet tank that came in the kit.
  • 1st one off mech pipe - The Cherrywood conversion (one week ago) - An old 1960's never fired, hand made pipe, which i finally got converted by vapesmarter. Still looking to find the right tank to go with it.
  • 2nd one off mech pipe - The Musgrave (only just got it!) - Another Vapesmarter beauty, the blue & white resin loveliness with a Serpent Mini on it & modified geniune pipe stems. Looks, feels & works like a dream. :drool::)2
They'll be more to come, (cos i haven't finished yet :rolleyes:)..i'm getting that Tesla Punk baby mod and maybe the Stealth..dunno yet...but there's plenty of others i've got me eye on.

Newbies..do take note..the disease known as Shinyitis is very real..it can infect anybody at any time, it has no prejudice, it'll grab anybody ..and it is particularly difficult to treat. A cure may only temporary, because those that have had it, do suffer from relapses...often!

How many mods, tanks and pipes quantifies as too many?! Hmmm :hmm:

I maybe a terminal case, but it doesn't feel like anywhere near enough to me...and i'm sure some time honoured vapers have been long inflicted with the dread disease, & now have mahoosive collections!

Anyway....today...is a very good day!

And hard though it might be to believe, newbies..yes..i am saving quite a bit of wonga since quitting...cos mods & tanks lasts a whole lot longer than a packet of fags loaded to hilt with 90% tax! :2thumbsup:

Have a nice day yourself! :10:

Last edited:
Congratulations on a year cigarette free, shinnyitus is indeed a very real condition. I'm currently on a break from spending only due to the fact I'm completely skint. Quite a nice collection you have going on. I need to do a clear out soon of what I want to keep or not. Hopefully will raise a few pennies so that I may but a few things that I would like. No need

Congratulations on a year cigarette free, shinnyitus is indeed a very real condition. I'm currently on a break from spending only due to the fact I'm completely skint. Quite a nice collection you have going on. I need to do a clear out soon of what I want to keep or not. Hopefully will raise a few pennies so that I may but a few things that I would like. No need

Seems to be the way things occur in here, doesn't @Slanger? A constant merrygoaround of passing on unwanted bits and pieces to other members! I've picked up a few free giveaways along the way, some bits i've kept..but others will soon go back on the conveyor belt!

Seems to be the way things occur in here, isn't it slanger...a constant merrygoround of passing on unwanted bits and pieces! I've picked up some free giveaways, some i've kept..but others will soon go back on the conveyor belt!

Yeah we all like new stuff although I have found my setups and not really looking for anything but would love an x217 and a billet box to see what all the fuss is about.

I'ved bumped up me intro thread - (took me fecking ages to find it again!!)...cos i is not a newbie...it's me 1st anniversary today.... Wahay! 1 year since i gave the cancer sticks the spanish archer..and good riddance to them!

As stipulated on my OP, i have set out and achieved what i intended to do. I now have a collection of reg'd and mech epipes, including the old Cherrywood bowl i had knocking around for decades, fully converted. And for this year, I have have begun to expand me vaping experience by going down the Rebuildables rabbit hole!

The longest time i ever abstained from smoking, was shortly after me old man passed away from smoking related cancer, 21 years ago. I managed almost 9 months, back then. 1st of March last year, is when i smoked my last fag..and haven't looked back since...don't even think about them anymore. Best thing i ever did was taking up vaping, something of which i had previously thought it to be nothing more than a fad, and now wished i took it up sooner. No doubt..i will expand my knowledge & experience as i continue along my vaping journey.

Having not spent a lot over the last 6 months or so...i'm having a bit of splurge presently...to get myself headed in the direction of where i wish to go, mainly towards MTL RTAs & epipes..and maybe a couple more compact box mods for the odd sub tank i use too.

This month has been a busy one for me..i've now got a rudimentary tool kit and consumables built up for those RTAs...some new and classic tanks to try out, which so far include a Siren 2 (leaks a bit, but a nice performer!), the cute Doggystyle on loan from Rew, That Serpent Mini, Stu of vapesmarter included with the utterly gorgeous Musgrave mech pipe, & Coppervape Penodat RTA, plus another Coppervape, the Ubertoot UTA2 clone is on the way...it's old school, but dying to try that one out.... and i've forgotten the rest.

I've a list other tanks i wish to someday...the Kayfun Mini, The Kylin, maybe that wee Dwarw that Rew loves so much..and they'll no doubt be others!

That of course, is on top of the stock coil tanks & subs i'm still using as well. Got quite a few of the evergreen Nautiluses, two minis, the X, the 2 and that Quadflex kit, which i've still yet to try out. Plus a Aspire Triton Mini, a Kangertech Aero & Mini (not tried yet), & of the subby, just one Uwell Crown SE1 tank in daily use..love that one, but do also have one of it's cousinstoo, the Rafale, not in use yet, cos i still gotta get that useless twisty spitback thing out first.

And there are several other tanks that i haven't bothered with..mostly high power Smok sub RTAs & a RBA, not my thing..so they'll be going in a giveaway very soon..once i've got me act together, plus a Smok mod i haven't used.

My collection of mods and epipes as it is currently:

• Aspire Zelos 50w mod (mid Feb 2018) - The one that succeeded, where all NRPs failed! My 1st purchase with the venerable Nauty 2 tank. Still in daily use & I credit this one for helping me extend my life...hopefully! :51:
  • Aspire Typhon 100w (late Feb '18)- bought as back up, hasn't been used as much, but that'll change..cos of all me latest tank acquisitions of late!
  • Tesla Steampunk Nano 120w (Mar '18) - chuffing love this one...so i've just ordered the baby 85w Punk to go with it. Use this one for the Crown sub tank.
  • My 1st epipe! The Kamry K1000 plus (early Apr '18), Bought from Petersham's pipes, this is never far from em..it's used everday. It's cute, simple as can be..and it self support itself..what more d'ya need?!
  • Coolfire 1 mech tube mod (sometime last spring) - Classified purchase, not used till now..as i didn't have any 18350 batteries for it. But i have now..so it'll be pressed into service soon. Looks like a Doctor Who Sonic screwdriver!
  • Hcigar VT133 mod - Classifieds purchase, it was okay until that 510 got well and truely stuck...hopefully the extremely nice POTV member Joe Clay will sort it out! Take note newbies, that's the level of generousity and help one can find in here!
  • Then, not a lot happen for half a year..cos health issues got in the way, i spent much of the summer and Autumn in & out of hospital after enduring 3 strokes in quick sucession..plus needed an emergency surgury to remove a potentially dangerous blood clot out of me left lung. Thankfully..that's is all the past now..i'm pretty much recovered, but the left side of me body will never be quite a fluid as it one was.
  • 2nd Kamry K1000 plus pipe bowl (Dec '18) - currently sporting rew's Doggystyle on it..and very nice smoooth vape it is! View attachment 186455
  • Smok Guardian 40w epipe (Feb 2nd '19)- Now discontinued, but a chance look in the bargains section, a store selling them at half price..so had to have one..cos it's a reg pipe! In use everyday..it's not bad...but haven't used the Hemet tank that came in the kit.
  • 1st one off mech pipe - The Cherrywood conversion (one week ago) - An old 1960's never fired, hand made pipe, which i finally got converted by vapesmarter. And it's works just fine!
  • 2nd one off mech pipe - The Musgrave (only just got it!) - Another Vapesmarter beauty, the blue & white resin loveliness with a Serpent Mini on it & modified geniune pipe stems. Looks, feels & works like a dream! :drool::)2
They'll be more to come, (i ain't finished yet!)..i'm getting that Tesla Punk baby mod and maybe the Stealth..dunno yet...but there's plenty of others i've got me eye on!

Newbies..take note..the disease Shinyitis is very real..it can infect anybody..and is particularly difficult to treat....cure maybe only temporary, because those that have had it, do suffer from relapses...often!

How many mods, tanks and pipes quantifies as too many?! Hmmm :hmm:

I maybe a terminal case, but doesn't feel like anywhere near enough to me...and i'm sure some long served vapers long inflicted with the dread disease, now have mahoosive collections!

Anyway....today...is a very good day!

And hard though it might be to believe, newbies..yes..i am saving quite a bit of wonga since quitting...cos a mod lasts a whole lot longer than a packet of fags loaded to hilt with 90% tax! :2thumbsup:

Have a nice day yourself! :10:

Congrats mate. I'm about a week short of a year too.
Amazingly, reading your stash list I've got about the same amount of kit but I think the only piece of kit we both have is the siren 2! :11:

Yeah we all like new stuff although I have found my setups and not really looking for anything but would love an x217 and a billet box to see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, been reading up on those...especially that billet box. Not sure what all the fuss is with that..just looks like a box..albeit that one can change the panels on it. But whatever grabs some folks. Not cheap though.

Last edited:
Congrats mate. I'm about a week short of a year too.
Amazingly, reading your stash list I've got about the same amount of kit but I think the only piece of kit we both have is the siren 2! :11:

Yep, there's a few of us class of 'March 2018' that'll be 'graduating the induction class', this month..so time to join the intermediate vape class now!

I wonder if Jackiemax willl put in an appearance too? She'll be 'graduating' next week. Plus Iqon too, and who else is there?

And how's your Siren 2 Obi? Got the seepage under control have ya?! ;)

Yeah, been reading up on those...especially that billet box. Not sure what all the fuss is with that..just looks like box..albeit one can change the panels on it. Whatever grabs some folks eh!

I just ordered one. I always liked the look of them and they seem very portable and customisable, which appeals to me. Not the doors, moreso the insides of the thing. Just got a message from fasttech to say it’s shipped, so hopefully will get it in a week or so... :)

Yep, there's a few of us class of 'March 2018' that'll be 'graduating the induction class', this month..so time to join the intermediate vape class now!

I wonder if Jackiemax willl put in an appearance too? She'll be 'graduating' next week. Plus Iqon too, and who else is there?

And how's your Siren 2 Obi? Got the seepage under control have ya?! ;)
Yeah I think ajt and tobytyke started around the same time, and I'm sure there were others.

My siren is fine mate. Since I got the knack of it its one of my fave tanks. Hows yours though?

Yeah I think ajt and tobytyke started around the same time, and I'm sure there were others.

My siren is fine mate. Since I got the knack of it its one of my fave tanks. Hows yours though?

Okay...it's getting better..just tried using some Muji cotton this time..see if that'll make any difference.

I've a funny feeling...given the anal bloke that i am...i'm gunna go back the 60 odd pages to see who else joined then..and of course..has continued to post on here. So many join up..and then just disappear again!

How many mods & tanks have you acquired in your first 12 months, Obi?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom