What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Felicitations!

Deaf Vaper

Veteran
Hello PotV,

Another vape newbie on the scene, me names' Duke, or you can call me Dunk, whichever!
Today is the day I finally kicked the little white cancer sticks, ending a 26 year smoking habit, which I began in 1991 at the wee age of 16! Bit the bullet, after a female forum friend, who's switched herself a year ago, 'ushered' me into vaping. So a few weeks ago...after what seemed like an eternity researching this relatively new fangled concept (Gee..isn't there a lot to take in with vaping?!)....I decided a MTL device was the best place to start. With that, I took delivery of an Aspire Zelos kit 3 weeks ago, which came with the popular Nautilus 2 tank. A week later, bought another Aspire mod, this time a 100 watt Typhon & fitted a Nautilus X tank on it. And things are going okay. Currently using PocketX .6ohm coils in N X tank, and .7ohms Aspire coils in the N2...I'm currently experimenting with juice mix ratios, to find that sweet spot.

Started with 12mgs on a 50/50 ratio.....that's okay..but a tad harsh on the throat, I feel like I could do with a smoother vape and a bit more 'cloud'...so about to try 40/60 solution 6 or 9mgs with the N X tank.

Already looking to modify the X tank....it uses more juice than the N2 tank, so bought the 4ml extension kit for it, but found it doesn't fit properly, it's too loose...so trying to sort that out. Also just bought a better drip tip for the N X tank...the standard plastic one is crap! Get's too hot!

Can't say that the majority of the flavours available appeal to me..... I've just tried Heisenberg from Vampire Vape...Urggghhh! Or as we say in Wales...Ach-y-fi!! What the hell is in that??!!

So, just sticking with tobacco flavours currently, the Sweet Tobacco from the aforementioned brand is quite nice.

Plans for the future:

When ready....I wish to try a Sub ohm tank on the Typhon..quite like what Smok is doing..so maybe the TFV8 Baby Beast might be on the cards....or possibly the Aspire Cleito, dunno yet.

An epipe! Oh yes! Was going to fork out for that gorgeous looking epuffer 629 kit, expensive as it is....but I'm not sure about it now....my local vape shop guy says they're dangerous, and can explode, being a mech mod. So maybe i'll try a Smok Guardian 3 with an another MTL tank & a custom tip on it..we'll see.

One thing i'll say about this vaping lark.....it t'was originally intended as a better way of quitting one's addiction to smoking....but it seems to fuel another addiction......i.e. collecting loads of vaping kit!

Anyway....it's beginning to save me a shed load of money...so that's a boon, can't believe how cheap vaping is (after buying the mods, but even that's cheaper than buying a months worth of ciggys!)....so I might even be able to afford a holiday next year.....I haven't been anywhere in years!

So....yeah......ermm......hello and vape on dudes!! :57::14:

:hello:and :welcome1:to the planet..
:hello:Bulldog1964! Thank you, nice to be here.

Lots on this site ain't there?! Trying to see what folks think of the N2 & NX tanks...very mixed views by all accounts. I am not able to compare with others yet..not having tried any others so far. You been vaping long?

Keep on keeping on. Sounds like you're on the right track and enjoying the journey. Welcome to POTV.

:happy guys:

Hiya! Aye will do....just started to notice that my sense of taste is returning! :18:

That's not always a good thing. You start to become really picky about your juices from here on in. I'd recommend that you read a lot of the reviews on this forum and possibly save yourself a few quid.

Welcome aboard.

Go onto youtube and have a swatch at what the reviewers think of various sub ohm tanks. Grimm Green and, even tho' he is a walloper, Rip trippers can be worth a view for sub ohm tanks.

Thon pipe looks not bad, but is for sure isn't sub ohm capable. There are a few mod makers out there who can make you one if thats something you'd like. A better tank would probably be fitted. Search thro' Todds reviews for the big epipe he go!
Mechs aren't that dangerous, only if you are an utter numpty and/or don't know what you are doing.

Finlly - manabush, manabush and oh aye, have a swatch at manabush!!

That's not always a good thing. You start to become really picky about your juices from here on in. I'd recommend that you read a lot of the reviews on this forum and possibly save yourself a few quid.

Yes..as I discovered with that Heisenberg flavour from Vampire Vape! Yikes!

Some newbies on here, seem to jump right in the deep end..with rebuildables and high powered boxes...i'm steering clear of those things for now....I tried to get my head around Ohms law....errrr!

Welcome aboard.

Go onto youtube and have a swatch at what the reviewers think of various sub ohm tanks. Grimm Green and, even tho' he is a walloper, Rip trippers can be worth a view for sub ohm tanks.

Thon pipe looks not bad, but is for sure isn't sub ohm capable. There are a few mod makers out there who can make you one if thats something you'd like. A better tank would probably be fitted. Search thro' Todds reviews for the big epipe he go!
Mechs aren't that dangerous, only if you are an utter numpty and/or don't know what you are doing.

Finlly - manabush, manabush and oh aye, have a swatch at manabush!!

Thanks for the tips ESR, will check those out in due course.

There's a lot I want to do in time...as I mentioned above to Carbon Boy...making my own juices would be a boon, just as soon as I've some idea what ratios and flavour I like.....lots to experiment with yet! I'm mixing different flavours....a drop or two of menthol blast from Halo with a tobacco mix, gives a nice soothing taste.

MTL is where I at, currently....be interesting to see what other MTL tanks are out there...the Zenith one seems to be a hot favourite with many. I would like to get into mixing my own juices at some point...these little TDP 10mls are all fine and dandy...but not very environmentally friendly are they? I hope our gov reverses the EU's regulation on that, when we get out of Europe.

Thanks for the tips..i'll check those in due course....I've only got as far as epuffer and Smok epipes....anybody know the truth about those epuffers? They do look cool!

Ah......I need to refill my Nautilus 2! Excuse me a mo! :D

PS..just gotta say...getting the cap off of this N 2 tank is a right bugger, and I didn't tighten up that much!

Hi There @theDuke and "Welcome Aboard!" :)

One thing as everything else you mentioned has been addressed :)
e-Pipes: As an Ex Pipe Smoker, I was drawn towards the whole e-Pipe thing once I had got used to what was what with rebuilding etc. Back when I started out, "most" devices were Mechs, Regulated Mods were pretty much in their infancy back then and were the domain of those with far deeper pockets, so we learned our stuff with mechs and remarkably, very few of us blew our hands or faces off :)

Pipes, be aware, they are a different experience to using a real Briar!! Principally because of the vastly increased weight. IF you smoked a Briar, you'd possible have been used to clenching it in your teeth whilst doing other things, that won't work with an e-Pipe :) You will find that you hold it at all times. As far as recommendations go, I would suggest that taking a look at this........ http://www.epipeforum.org/forum/index.php?action=forum would be a good starting point.

IF it were my money, I wouldn't even consider a Smok Guardian I'm afraid, but that's a case of "One Man's Meat being another Man's Poison" of course. Suffice to say that I have owned a couple and never enjoyed them at all.
@Crewella will tell you far more about the Kamry e-Pipes as she has quite a collection. The Limelight Pipes are rather good and very sought after these days, BUT, for my money, something from Puma Dedek will always be a winner in terms of functionality. YES, it WILL be a Mech, but it will be a very well made device and it WILL perform extremely efficiently.
IF you have money to burn................. and IF you ever see one, The Pipes that were made by Lash Creative the "Uli Crann" would be a no brainer. These were in the main fitted with Dicodes Chips (Regulated) and are real gems. This would mean scouring the various facebook groups nowadays as Lee is in a very bad way healthwise and it is extremely unlikely that he will return to work, which is a sad loss to the Vaping World on every level.

That's me, said my piece, Good Luck hunting something down that fits the bill. :)

Back
Top Bottom