What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ECE harrogate 28th June 2015 REVIEW

OK mate even camping?? Obviously just want to get into the action. Sounds like just turning up and queuing will turn into AngerFest thought that pre registering would have been paramount?

I'm heading down the night before to camp, as it makes the whole travelling thing much less stressful, and just to really confuse you, I am a member of the POTV staff, but will be wearing the T-shirt of a different vaping organisation on the day, some of us have more than one hat ;)

OK mate even camping?? Obviously just want to get into the action. Sounds like just turning up and queuing will turn into AngerFest thought that pre registering would have been paramount?
You need to get used to queues at vapefest, it is part of the tradition. As for anger, none of that there mate! A queue is just a good excuse to talk to other vapers! It is such a friendly event and everyone is there for the love of vaping.

I'm heading down the night before to camp, as it makes the whole travelling thing much less stressful, and just to really confuse you, I am a member of the POTV staff, but will be wearing the T-shirt of a different vaping organisation on the day, some of us have more than one hat ;)

Hopefully Diche I will be there in my POTV T-Shirt if I can acquire one before the event. Just don't want people to think I'm masquerading as POTV staff!
You need to get used to queues at vapefest, it is part of the tradition. As for anger, none of that there mate! A queue is just a good excuse to talk to other vapers! It is such a friendly event and everyone is there for the love of vaping.
Nah there will be no anger from me I just hate queuing! Especially when its not necessary, just want to be in the action love talking with people with the same interests too! Getting some raffle tickets however I am quite a cynic when it comes to prize giveaways!

Hopefully Diche I will be there in my POTV T-Shirt if I can acquire one before the event. Just don't want people to think I'm masquerading as POTV staff!

Nah there will be no anger from me I just hate queuing! Especially when its not necessary, just want to be in the action love talking with people with the same interests too! Getting some raffle tickets however I am quite a cynic when it comes to prize giveaways!

As there are no Tickets involved for entry or camping any queues move pretty quickly, Theres always someone willing to have a natter and plenty of that gets done in queues for the latest & greatest shiny thing. Mostly though theres very little waiting and more lurking to look at shiny shiny things, try juice or Stare at MrKraken who will be there in his utilikilt and he's even threatened to replace the bowler hat from last year with a Topper and Monocle...

The raffle was a bit of a sore point last year - not that it was unfair, more that it took somewhere between Forever and an Eternity, however we've been promised this year will be smoother and faster.

Camping will be a doddle, if your friends roll up after 4pm on friday (IIRC) they should be able to go straight in and set up... Last year The Ape enclosure was at the far end by the River, which put it on the Highest ground and away from the general traffic around the site added bonus was reasonable proximity to the ever so slightly rural toilet block...

Yes I read on the website that you needed to be at the draw to collect winning tickets! Did think when exactly is the draw?? And who's picking the tickets? Also how are evey single tickets getting raffled?? Want to know that every ticket I buy has the same chance of winning as the next! Call me a cynic but who is actually overseeing how the raffle is governed?

Yes I read on the website that you needed to be at the draw to collect winning tickets! Did think when exactly is the draw?? And who's picking the tickets? Also how are evey single tickets getting raffled?? Want to know that every ticket I buy has the same chance of winning as the next! Call me a cynic but who is actually overseeing how the raffle is governed?

Last year they used a Tombola type drum and it was done on the balcony in front of everyone, which is why it took ages, ticket was picked then everyone waited while the winner collected, then on to the next one...

Don't buy any.

Crisis solved.

Yes but its like saying its the lottery don't buy any tickets then your mate wins it. Syndicate style!!

Trust me, it'll all be above board. It was last year, I was part of the staff team. All the tickets bought went in. Nothing underhand. Only issue, as tubby engineer pointed out was it took an age as that part wasn't let's say, the best organised. It would've made more sense to leave unclaimed prizes to the end and crack on.

Back
Top Bottom