What's new

Can’t vape anymore -help!

Scotcatv

Hi, really hoping for some advice here. I gave up smoking and started vaping and loved it! Vaped for about 18 months no problems. Was using Cool Fire IV + Nautilus mini. Used various liquids all 12mg or higher. Then I started to cough and its pretty extreme. Cant inhale vape at all without extreme coughing. Tried a few friends vapes, diff models/eliquids and same issue. Should confess I have also smoked **** for a long time and continued having a few ****** a day whilst vaping. As I could no longer vape I went back to cigs about 6 months ago as they dont make me cough. Have finally ditched the **** smoking but still cant vape. Really would like to be able to vape again and ditch the cigs for good. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Its massively frustrating! Should add I had a chest xray as part of a surgical pre opp and nothing nasty found! Any advice appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried nic salts instead of nic base in your eliquid? Nic salts are said to give a smoother vape.
Something else to consider is not inhaling. A lot of nicotine can be absorbed by simply holding the vapour in your mouth and exhaling through either your mouth or nose. Anything is better than smoking so I hope you find a solution.

Hi @Scotcatv

Well thats a bit pants! I would be well pissed off tbh.

Its very strange how u had no problems vaping for 18 months then boom u start coughing.
So u know there is not an underlying medical condition causing the coughing yeah?

Did u use freebase 12mg juice? Were you vaping direct to lung or mouth to lung?
Are u sure u didnt change anything around the time the coughing started?

Have u tried using a Nic Salt liquid 10mg with a higher ohm coil and lower watts?

For me if i vaped 12mg freebase i would cough really bad, i only vape 3mg freebase in dtl and 10mg salts in my mtl devices.

Im sure other people on here with more experience may be able to help, i can only advise based on my experience.

Welcome to potv :2thumbsup:

Have you tried nic salts instead of nic base in your eliquid? Nic salts are said to give a smoother vape.
Something else to consider is not inhaling. A lot of nicotine can be absorbed by simply holding the vapour in your mouth and exhaling through either your mouth or nose. Anything is better than smoking so I hope you find a solution.
Great minds!! X

Hi, really hoping for some advice here. I gave up smoking and started vaping and loved it! Vaped for about 18 months no problems. Was using Cool Fire IV + Nautilus mini. Used various liquids all 12mg or higher. Then I started to cough and its pretty extreme. Cant inhale vape at all without extreme coughing. Tried a few friends vapes, diff models/eliquids and same issue. Should confess I have also smoked **** for a long time and continued having a few ****** a day whilst vaping. As I could no longer vape I went back to cigs about 6 months ago as they dont make me cough. Have finally ditched the **** smoking but still cant vape. Really would like to be able to vape again and ditch the cigs for good. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Its massively frustrating! Should add I had a chest xray as part of a surgical pre opp and nothing nasty found! Any advice appreciated.
PG sensitivity? I can't deal with 50-50 juices anymore. I'm working on getting my VG up to 90% where possibly. A puff on a 50-50 vape has me coughing both lungs up. Yet 80% up VG, at the same Nic level, nada, zilch.

To confuse things more, I've a little bit of a vg intolerance and some people can't get on with it at all.
A case of weeding each individual ingredient out one by one to see what's irritating.

you could also look to what flavours your vaping. I have an intolerance to strawberry ripe and juicy peach, and most vanillas

Sounds like the way to go is experiment a little to see which of the ingredients is causing the problem. Hopefully you can pin point it down and then adjust your vaping accordingly

@Scotcatv maybe try lowering the nic a bit as you may be getting a to hard hit ... put 12mg in a RDA by mistake and made me cough for a good ½ hour.

Back
Top Bottom