What's new

Battery question

greenbrucelee

Achiever
Say I have three Sony vct5a and three Samsung 30qs all with 30% left in them. Why do the 30q batteries charge faster the vct5a ones? Is this down to the milliamp hours or something?

Because the percentage is pretty much nonsense, it just reads the voltage of the cell and makes something up from that.

the only real way to answer your question is to make sure all batteries are at the same voltage before charging, say 3v then charge up to 4.2v

I would have thought the 30Q would take longer though as they are higher capacity, if they don't you could have a problem, but not if they are starting at a much higher voltage, which they might be because 30% of 3000 is more than 30% of 2500 and that 30% won't be accurate anyway.

You just need to check the voltages are the same to get an answer with any real meaning.

the only real way to answer your question is to make sure all batteries are at the same voltage before charging, say 3v then charge up to 4.2v

I would have thought the 30Q would take longer though as they are higher capacity, if they don't you could have a problem, but not if they are starting at a much higher voltage, which they might be because 30% of 3000 is more than 30% of 2500 and that 30% won't be accurate anyway.

You just need to check the voltages are the same to get an answer with any real meaning.

ahh right I get it. My charger doesn't show voltage (xstar MC4 2) just shows when its charged..

ahh right I get it. My charger doesn't show voltage (xstar MC4 2) just shows when its charged..

Ok well your mod should always cut off at the same voltage, so if you ran them down to that point on both that would give you a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom